How do you recharge a fastag using iMobile Pay?
March 29, 2021
Using FASTag, instead of cash, to pay at tolls has become mandatory at National Highways. To save you the trouble of recharging at every toll crossing, ICICI Bank now offers iMobile Pay, a one-stop solution for all online payments and banking needs. Here’s how you can recharge your FASTag using the iMobile Pay app.
FASTag is a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tag that is linked to your Savings Account/Prepaid Account from which the toll amount gets deducted. The technology is a part of the National Electronic Toll Collection or NETC programme launched by NPCI, NHAI and IHMCL to ease the traffic woes by eliminating long queues and to ensure an efficient collection of the toll amount. FASTag lets you make contactless payments, along with the added benefit of saving on time and fuel.
With effect from Feb 15, 2021, the Ministry of Road Transportation and Highways has affixed FASTag on commercial and non-commercial vehicles. FASTag is required for contactless toll payment at National Highway Toll Plazas; thus, timely recharge of your FASTag is critical. Irrespective of the bank linked to your tag, you can recharge your FASTtag quite easily using the iMobile Pay app.
This payments and Mobile Banking app enables customers of all banks to experience quick transactions, with the best-in-class security. iMobile Pay is known for its simplicity and secure interface – send and receive money using the QR code, bank account or contact number.
To recharge your FASTag, using the iMobile Pay app, follow these steps:
Step 1: Once you download the iMobile app and create a login ID
- Step 2: Click on ‘Bill Payment & FASTag’
- Step 3: Select ‘ICICI FASTag’
- Step 4: Click on the ‘Recharge’ option
- Step 5: Add the vehicle number, recharge amount and select the account
- Step 6: Verify the details once and click on ‘Confirm’
In case you are using ICICI Bank FAStag, which is linked to another bank account, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Download the iMobile Pay app and create a login ID
- Step 2: Click on ‘Bill Payment & FASTag’
- Step 3: Select ‘Other FASTag’
- Step 4: Enter Biller Name, Amount and Account Number
- Step 5: Pre-confirm the details and click on ‘Confirm’
There are several benefits of using ICICI Bank FASTag
- Saves fuel and time: FASTag eliminates the need to wait in long queues. The Tag reader reads the FASTag and the amount gets deducted from your account automatically, without you stopping for a cash transaction
- SMS alerts for transactions: Customers receive a notification through SMS on their registered mobile number for every transaction done through their Tag account
- No need for cash: FASTag saves you the inconvenience of cash transactions. You do not have to worry about having cash or change to pay at the toll plaza
- Updates on the portal: In case you want to check your previous transactions, you can easily access your statements by logging on to the FASTag web portal
- Purchase of FASTag online: If you want to install FASTag for your vehicle, you can purchase it online. Your RFID gets delivered at your doorstep.
The contents of this document are meant merely for information purposes. The information contained herein is subject to updation, completion, revision, verification and amendment and the same may change materially. The information provided herein is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would (by reason of that person‘s nationality, residence or otherwise) be contrary to law or regulation or would subject lClCl Bank or its affiliates to any licensing or registration requirements. This document is not an offer, invitation or solicitation of any kind to buy or sell any security and is not intended to create any rights or obligations. Nothing in this document is intended to constitute legal, tax, securities or investment advice, or opinion regarding the appropriateness of any investment, or a solicitation for any product or service. Please obtain professional legal, tax and other investment advice before making any investment. Any investment decisions that may be made by you shall be at your sole discretion, independent analysis and at your own evaluation of the risks involved. The use of any information set out in this document is entirely at the recipient's own risk. The information set out in this document has been prepared by ICICI Bank based upon projections which have been determined in good faith by lClCl Bank and from sources deemed reliable. There can be no assurance that such projections will prove to be accurate. lClCl Bank does not accept any responsibility for any errors whether caused by negligence or otherwise or for any loss or damage incurred by anyone in reliance on anything set out in this document. The information set out in this document has been prepared by ICICI Bank based upon projections which have been determined in good faith and sources considered reliable by lClCl Bank. In preparing this document we have relied upon and assumed, without independent verification, the accuracy and completeness of all information available from public sources or which was provided to us or which was otherwise reviewed by us. Past performance cannot be a guide to future performance. 'lClCl ' and the 'I-man' logo are the trademarks and property of lCICl Bank. Misuse of any intellectual property, or any other content displayed herein is strictly prohibited.