Goal Investment Calculator - Plan Your Financial Goals for Your Future
February 19, 2021
Unsure Of Your Future Financial Requirements? Here's How You Can Calculate The Same
Although there might be plenty of investment options available in the market, bank deposits continue to find favour amongst a large section of the Indian population. But then, in the case of traditional Fixed Deposits and Recurring Deposits, there’s very little room for goal-based financial planning. You’re forced to invest a fixed sum of money either periodically or on a one-time basis for a specific tenure without knowing or even realising what your financial requirements may be in the future.
Here’s where ICICI Bank’s iWish flexible RD comes into the picture. Unlike regular Recurring Deposits, the ICICI Bank iWish deposit is a unique scheme that allows you to customise your investment contributions in accordance with your end goals. The ICICI Bank iWish flexible RD is a versatile investment option that can help you get clarity even when you’re unsure of your future requirements.
If you’re in a position where you’re unclear about your financial requirements, here’s how the dedicated iWish calculator can help sort things out for you.
What is the iWish Calculator?
Most of the time, investors generally tend to have an end-goal in mind. While they may be clear about what they want, they might not always be sure about how much they would need to save each month in order to satisfy that goal.
The iWish calculator from ICICI Bank is a dedicated tool that’s designed especially for such investors. The tool allows you to calculate just how much you need to save each month in order to reach your end financial goal. To do that, it takes into account your total financial requirement, the time within which you would like to satisfy that goal, and the frequency of your deposit.
Whether your end goal is to buy your dream car or take that long vacation, iWish from ICICI Bank can help you get there much faster than most other investment options.
How to use the iWish calculator?
Now that you know what the iWish calculator from ICICI Bank is capable of, let’s take a look at the process involved in using this tool:
- Visit the ICICI Bank iWish calculator webpage.
- Select your end goal or the reason for which you’re trying to save. For instance, let’s assume that you’re saving up to purchase a brand new gadget.
- Use the slider to choose just how much you would need for satisfying your end goal. Again, let’s assume that you would need Rs 2,00,000 to purchase the gadget.
- Select the time frame within which you would like to satisfy your goal using the slider. Say you expect to be able to get that gadget within a span of 12 months. And so, you would need to set the slider to 12 months.
- Choose whether you fall under the ‘Senior Citizen’ category. Depending on your choice, the interest rate that’s displayed below would change accordingly. Let’s assume that you don’t fall in the ‘Senior Citizen’ category. In this case, for a tenure of 12 months, the rate of interest that’s applicable on your savings is 4.9%.
- Finally, select the frequency of your deposit from the dropdown menu. According to your comfort level, you can choose to either deposit once every month or twice every month. Let’s assume that you choose to deposit only once every month.
- As soon as you’ve chosen the final requirement, the iWish calculator would instantly work its magic and clearly display just how much you would need to save each month to reach your future financial requirement. The tool would also display the total maturity amount along with the interest earned for the period.
- In this case, considering all the options that you’ve selected previously, you would need to save Rs 16,296 each month to reach your end goal of Rs 2,00,000. The total maturity amount that you will end up with at the end of 12 months is Rs 2,00,806 with the interest component being Rs 5,254.
As you’ve seen above, the iWish calculator is a really powerful and insightful tool that can not only help you reach your goals faster, but also inculcate some much-needed financial discipline. So then, what are you waiting for? Start an iWish flexible RD with ICICI Bank right away and enjoy fulfilling your wishes.
The contents of this document are meant merely for information purposes. The information contained herein is subject to updation, completion, revision, verification and amendment and the same may change materially. The information provided herein is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would (by reason of that person‘s nationality, residence or otherwise) be contrary to law or regulation or would subject lClCl Bank or its affiliates to any licensing or registration requirements. This document is not an offer, invitation or solicitation of any kind to buy or sell any security and is not intended to create any rights or obligations. Nothing in this document is intended to constitute legal, tax, securities or investment advice, or opinion regarding the appropriateness of any investment, or a solicitation for any product or service. Please obtain professional legal, tax and other investment advice before making any investment. Any investment decisions that may be made by you shall be at your sole discretion, independent analysis and at your own evaluation of the risks involved. The use of any information set out in this document is entirely at the recipient's own risk. The information set out in this document has been prepared by ICICI Bank based upon projections which have been determined in good faith by lClCl Bank and from sources deemed reliable. There can be no assurance that such projections will prove to be accurate. lClCl Bank does not accept any responsibility for any errors whether caused by negligence or otherwise or for any loss or damage incurred by anyone in reliance on anything set out in this document. The information set out in this document has been prepared by ICICI Bank based upon projections which have been determined in good faith and sources considered reliable by lClCl Bank. In preparing this document we have relied upon and assumed, without independent verification, the accuracy and completeness of all information available from public sources or which was provided to us or which was otherwise reviewed by us. Past performance cannot be a guide to future performance. 'lClCl ' and the 'I-man' logo are the trademarks and property of lCICl Bank. Misuse of any intellectual property, or any other content displayed herein is strictly prohibited.