How to check PMAY status? Step-by-step guide
February 10, 2021
To boost the affordability of houses among the economically weaker sections of society, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) scheme was introduced. If you have applied for the scheme, here’s how you can check for the status.
The property and land prices are skyrocketing in India. Those who find it affordable can buy a home with the help of Home Loans. However, for the middle class and economically weaker sections of the society, owning a new property is just a dream. Therefore, to encourage the idea of housing for all, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) was introduced.
The PMAY is part of the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) by the Government of India. The plan to promote the idea of ‘Housing For All’. It is targeted for Low Income Groups (LIGs), Middle Income Groups (MIGs) and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) of the society. Under PMAY, the Government plans to construct more than two crore houses by Mar 31, 2022. Targeted home buyers can avail of loans and get interest subsidies on the available credit.
Before applying for it, you need to know the criteria for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility. This is basis the income-earning capability of the targeted groups. It considers the sum of the income of all family members and income from other sources like investments, jobs and others. Below is the table that shows how EWS, LIG, MIG I and MIG II are divided based on their income:
|EWS||Up to Rs 3 lakh|
|LIG||Between Rs 3 - Rs 6 lakh|
|MIG I||Between Rs 6 - Rs 12 lakh|
|MIG II||Between Rs 12 - Rs 18 lakh|
Under the PMAY application, there are two types – PMAY Urban (PMAY-U) and Gramin (PMAY-G). The PMAY-U comprises nearly 4,300 cities and towns to aid Middle Income Groups I and II, while PMAY-G includes villages, slums and other rural areas for the Economically Weaker and Lower Income Groups. If you have applied for any of these schemes, you can do PMAY tracking by following the below steps:
- Visit the official website of PMAY - pmaymis.gov.in
- Go to the ‘Citizen Assessment’ on the taskbar
- Select ‘Track your Assessment Status’ from the drop-down menu under ‘Citizen Assessment’
- Once you click on ‘Track your Assessment Status’, a window will open ‘Track Your Application Status’
- On the above page, you will see two options – Option 1: By Name, Father’s Name and Mobile No. And Option 2: Assessment ID
- If you select Option 1, you will have to enter the details - your Name, Father’s Name, and Mobile Number to view the PMAY application status
- In the case of Option 2, you need to enter the Assessment ID, and you will get to know the status of your PMAY application.
Many people have benefitted from the PMAY scheme. If you fall under the targeted income groups like EWS, MIG or LIG, you can leverage the benefits and reduce your loan liability.
Check your eligibility and Apply for PMAY, here.
For disclaimer, Click Here.