How to Activate New ATM Card Online?
July 22, 2019
If you’ve recently opened a new bank account and received a Debit Card for the same, you will first be required to activate the card online before using it. Check out this post to know the exact steps of doing the same.
From withdrawing money from ATMs to paying for online and offline purchases, ATM cards make our lives convenient in many different ways. Most banks now offer ATM card to the customers when they open a new bank account. The ATM card is linked to the bank account, and every time you withdraw money from ATMs or do a transaction, the amount is debited directly from your bank account. However, if this is the first time that you have got yourself an ATM card, online activation is the first thing that you should know about. Here are the steps on how to use ATM card for the first time:
Activating ATM Card Online
Most of the banks allow you to activate your ATM card by generating its PIN from the nearest ATM of the bank. However, some banks allow you to do it online too. If your bank offers this feature as well, follow these steps for activating your ATM card:
- Visit the official Internet Banking website of your bank and log in with your User ID and Password which you might have received in the welcome kit.
- Once logged in, look for the Generate ATM PIN option and select "Generate Now".
- You will now be asked to enter your 16-digit ATM card number along with the 3-digit CVV which is mentioned at the back of your new ATM card.
- Submit these details to receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP, and you can now set a 4-digit PIN for your card.
- Once you have successfully configured the ATM PIN, you can now use your ATM card for withdrawing money from ATMs and offline transactions.
Some of the banks now also allow you to set ATM PIN through their official mobile apps.
Generating 3D Secure PIN
While ATM withdrawal and offline transactions can be done with the ATM card and ATM PIN, you will need something known as 3D Secure PIN for online transactions. Here is how you can set this 3D Secure PIN for using online ATM card:
- If you are doing an online purchase, select “Debit Card” as the payment option and enter your Debit Card details
- As you will be using your ATM card online for the first time, you will be redirected to the 3D Secure registration page automatically
- On this page, you can set your 3D Secure PIN either by entering your ATM PIN or by receiving an OTP on your mobile number
- Once you enter your ATM PIN or OTP, you will be asked to select a 6-digit 3D Secure PIN
- Submit this PIN and re-enter it to confirm your choice
- You can now use your ATM card for online transactions too
- You will be asked to enter this 6-digit PIN every time you make online payments through your Debit Card
ATM Card for Easy, Secure and Hassle-Free Transactions
Banks have improved their services significantly in the past few years to offer enhanced convenience to the customers. Now that you know the process in detail, you can now easily activate your ATM card online from the comfort of your home.
If you are yet to get an ATM card, open a new bank account and apply for a new ATM card.
The contents of this document are meant merely for information purposes. The information contained herein is subject to updation, completion, revision, verification and amendment and the same may change materially. The information provided herein is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would (by reason of that person‘s nationality, residence or otherwise) be contrary to law or regulation or would subject lClCl Bank or its affiliates to any licensing or registration requirements. This document is not an offer, invitation or solicitation of any kind to buy or sell any security and is not intended to create any rights or obligations. Nothing in this document is intended to constitute legal, tax, securities or investment advice, or opinion regarding the appropriateness of any investment, or a solicitation for any product or service. Please obtain professional legal, tax and other investment advice before making any investment. Any investment decisions that may be made by you shall be at your sole discretion, independent analysis and at your own evaluation of the risks involved. The use of any information set out in this document is entirely at the recipient's own risk. The information set out in this document has been prepared by ICICI Bank based upon projections which have been determined in good faith by lClCl Bank and from sources deemed reliable. There can be no assurance that such projections will prove to be accurate. lClCl Bank does not accept any responsibility for any errors whether caused by negligence or otherwise or for any loss or damage incurred by anyone in reliance on anything set out in this document. The information set out in this document has been prepared by ICICI Bank based upon projections which have been determined in good faith and sources considered reliable by lClCl Bank. In preparing this document we have relied upon and assumed, without independent verification, the accuracy and completeness of all information available from public sources or which was provided to us or which was otherwise reviewed by us. Past performance cannot be a guide to future performance. 'lClCl ' and the 'I-man' logo are the trademarks and property of lCICl Bank. Misuse of any intellectual property, or any other content displayed herein is strictly prohibited.