Can I apply for a Credit Card online?
February 12, 2020
A Credit Card is a highly convenient tool that allows you to make purchases on credit, which you can then settle at a later point in time. In addition to enabling you to reduce the amount of cash you carry, Credit Cards also come with plenty of benefits. The process of acquiring Credit Cards has been simplified a lot. If you’ve been wondering whether you can apply for a Credit Card online, this article will help clear things out for you.
Can you apply for a Credit Card online?
A few years ago, you would’ve had to visit your bank and fill out a manual application to get yourself a Credit Card. Now, you can simply do this online. Most banks and financial institutions offer the option to apply for a card right from the comfort of your home. Applying for a Credit Card online is the fastest and most convenient option. It not only reduces the time taken to process your application, but also allows you to compare multiple Credit Card offers simultaneously.
Depending on your financial standing with your bank, you may even receive pre-approved offers or instant approval. However, your application for a Credit Card still hinges on your ability to satisfy the Credit Card eligibility criteria. Listed below are some of the general norms that you might have to satisfy in order to apply.
Credit Card eligibility criteria
- The applicant should either be an Indian citizen or a Non-Resident Indian (NRI).
- The minimum age of the applicant should not be less than 18 years.
- The applicant should have a consistent source of income and satisfy minimum income requirements.
- The applicant should have a strong credit score.
Things to keep in mind before applying for a Credit Card online
Before you go ahead and apply for a Credit Card online, there are certain things that you should consider. Some of them are briefly explained below.
Check for offers
Since nearly all banks offer Credit Cards these days, it’s a good idea to check for the various offers they provide. Some banks offer you Credit Cards that are pre-approved from their end. The chances of your application being approved are higher with pre-approved Credit Cards. If you take the time to browse through and evaluate the various offers available, you can get a good deal that may even include a lifetime free membership.
Compare Credit Cards
Credit requirements may be very different from one consumer to another. Therefore, you have to find the Credit Card that’s right for you and satisfies your needs. The best way to do this is to compare the various cards that you’re eligible for. This not only ensures that you get a Credit Card that’s in line with your requirements, but it also guarantees that you don’t end up paying for privileges that you have no use for.
Gather all documents and information
This is an important step that most people miss when applying for a Credit Card. It is a good idea to have all of the relevant documents and information on hand before filling out your application. This will not only accelerate the process, but also prevent you from making any mistakes that can lead to a rejection.
Read the terms and conditions carefully
Going over the terms and conditions of a Credit Card is another major step that many applicants fail to do. Reading and understanding the terms are of utmost importance, since that enables you to get to know more about the Credit Card and the conditions attached to its usage. Right from the charges to the limitations and restrictions, the terms and conditions shed light on them all.
How to apply for a Credit Card line online?
While the procedure to apply may vary slightly across various major Credit Card companies, the core process is more or less the same. The following steps will give you a general idea of how to apply for a Credit Card online.
- Firstly, you need to visit the website of your preferred bank or Credit Card provider and click on the link that takes you to the Credit Cards section.
- Once you’re there, you can take a look at the various Credit Cards on offer, their features, their terms and conditions, and their charges.
- After you’ve chosen the right Credit Card for you, click on the link that allows you to fill out an application form online.
- The website will redirect you to an online application form, where you’ll have to fill out all the necessary details and provide soft copies of all the relevant documents.
- Double check your application form before submitting it to ensure there are no mistakes or empty fields. Once that’s done, click on submit and wait for the bank to process your application.
ICICI Bank offers you an easy way to apply for Credit Cards online, through a web portal that’s user-friendly and easy to navigate. You have a range of options to choose from, including NRI Credit Cards, Amazon Pay Cards, travel and fuel Credit Cards, and secured cards, among others. Visit ICICI Bank’s online portal now to check the different Credit Cards on offer and apply online for the card that best suits your financial needs.
Apply for Credit Cards online, here.
For disclaimer, Click Here.