ICICI Bank launches new super-premium credit card ‘Emeralde’ with host of exclusive features; annual benefits estimated to be around Rs. 3 lakh
February 28, 2019
- Offers unlimited complimentary access to international and domestic airport lounges
- Industry lowest mark-up of 1.5% on currency conversion charges on international transactions
- Card holder gets complimentary rounds/ lessons of golf every month basis eligible card spends
- Exclusive discounts at Gold’s Gym, VLCC, Kaya Skin Clinic, Richfeel, True Fitt n Hill
- American Express variant gets unlimited airport Wi-Fi access globally, dining voucher from Trident Hotels and gift voucher from Da Milano
Mumbai: ICICI Bank announced the launch of a new addition to its Gemstone collection of credit cards. Christened, ‘ICICI Bank Emeralde Credit Card’, it offers best-in-the industry rewards and benefits for senior professionals and self-employed entrepreneurs who are always on the go. The card has been curated with the best-in class experiences and features across travel, wellness and lifestyle for premium customers. A host of the new features are unprecedented in the industry.
Commenting on the new addition to the credit card portfolio, Sudipta Roy, Head - Unsecured Assets & Cards, ICICI Bank said, “We are delighted to introduce a compelling proposition for the affluent Indian professionals and entrepreneurs, who travel globally extensively and have high lifestyle aspirations. As one of our top propositions, our aim has been to design a feature-rich product that offers industry-first benefits to customers. In accordance with this thought, the ‘ICICI Bank Emeralde Credit Card’ offers unmatched experiences and indulgences across travel, wellness, lifestyle and luxury categories. Combining various consumer insights, we are also providing flexibility to the customer to choose from two variants – American Express and Mastercard, unlimited access to internal as well as domestic airport lounges and the lowest mark-up in the industry for foreign transactions. We believe that this card is sure to add a new dimension to consumer experience in the Indian digital payments space and will contribute largely to the growth of the Bank’s credit card portfolio.”
Available in two variants, American Express and Mastercard, the ‘ICICI Bank Emeralde Credit Card’ is targeted at salaried customers with minimum income of Rs. 3 lakh a month and self-employed customers with annual income tax return of at least Rs. 30 lakh.
Key benefits of the ‘ICICI Bank Emeralde Credit Card’ include:
Travel benefits (Domestic and International)
- Only card in the industry to offer unlimited complimentary international and domestic lounge access
- Unlimited complimentary spa access at airports in India, an industry-first feature
- Industry lowest mark-up of 1.5% on currency conversion charges on international transactions, in comparison to industry mark-up of 3.4%
- Refund of up to Rs.12,000 on two transactions every year on cancellation charges of any hotel, flight, travel and movie ticket bookings
- No over limit fee, cash withdrawal fee and late payment charges
- Exclusive discounts at VLCC, Kaya Skin Clinic, Richfeel, True Fitt n Hill and Gold’s Gym
- Buy one get one offer on movie and event tickets, up to four times every month
- Up to four complimentary rounds/ lessons of golf every month basis eligible card spends
- 4 PAYBACK points on every Rs.100 spent on all retail transactions except fuel
- 1 PAYBACK point on every Rs.100 spent on utilities and insurance categories
- Air accident insurance of Rs. 3 crore
- Lost baggage insurance of USD 1200
- Loss of travel document insurance of USD 500
- Lost card liability of Rs 50,000
Flexibility of selecting membership plan :
- Yet another industry-first feature, one can opt to pay fee for the card monthly or annually, basis their spend behaviour. There is also a waiver available on specified spends.
- Customers get a waiver of monthly fee of Rs.1,000 on card spends more than Rs.100,000 in the previous month
- They also enjoy waiver of joining fee and annual fee of Rs. 12,000 on card spends of more than Rs.1,500,000 annually
Additional benefits on American Express variant
- Unlimited complimentary airport Wi-Fi access globally
- A complimentary dining voucher worth Rs. 7,500 from Trident Hotels, valid for redemption on the full menu
- Gift Voucher worth Rs. 5,000 from Da Milano on specified spends on the card in the first two months of joining
- 30% off on annual gym membership of Talwalkars Gym and Health Clubs
- Special discounts on all services at O2 Spa outlets across the country
To apply for ‘ICICI Bank Emeralde Credit Card’, one can visit the Bank’s website and branches or SMS “EMERALDE” to 5676766. More information on this credit card is available on https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/cards/Consumer-Cards/Credit-Card/Emeralde-Credit-Card/index.html
The launch of the ‘ICICI Bank Emeralde Credit Card’ comes close on the heels of an array of new initiatives undertaken by the Bank to bring forth cards for new customer segments. It includes ‘Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card’, the country’s first card to enable Amazon Prime members earn 5% reward points on shopping on Amazon.in and co-branded cards in partnership with MakeMyTrip for travel enthusiasts. It also includes range of cards in association with iconic brands like Manchester United and Ferrari.
The Bank is also the first to introduce in the country pioneering innovations including contactless cards, leveraging upon the Host Card Emulation (HCE) technology that enables cards to be stored electronically in the Bank’s mobile app allowing customers to make payments at physical stores from their mobile phones. It also is the first to launch availability of instant credit card online for its pre-approved customers, which can be used to transact online immediately.
For media queries, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About ICICI Bank: ICICI Bank Ltd (BSE: ICICIBANK, NSE: ICICIBANK and NYSE:IBN) is a leading private sector bank in India. The Bank’s consolidated total assets stood at Rs.11,77,498 crore at December 31, 2018. ICICI Bank's subsidiaries include India's leading private sector insurance, asset management and securities brokerage companies, and among the country’s largest private equity firms. It is present across 17 countries, including India.
Certain statements in this release relating to a future period of time (including inter alia concerning our future business plans or growth prospects) are forward-looking statements intended to qualify for the 'safe harbor' under applicable securities laws including the US Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to statutory and regulatory changes, international economic and business conditions; political or economic instability in the jurisdictions where we have operations, increase in non-performing loans, unanticipated changes in interest rates, foreign exchange rates, equity prices or other rates or prices, our growth and expansion in business, the adequacy of our allowance for credit losses, the actual growth in demand for banking products and services, investment income, cash flow projections, our exposure to market risks, changes in India’s sovereign rating, as well as other risks detailed in the reports filed by us with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on assumptions that we believe to be reasonable as of the date of this release. ICICI Bank undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date thereof. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. These filings are available at www.sec.gov.