ICICI Bank launches co-branded travel card with Goibibo
May 13, 2019
- The card offers gift vouchers upto Rs. 15,000 on flight and hotel bookings
- Flat discount of 15% at over 100 Indian restaurants in six cities abroad
- Also offers theft/lost card protection of upto Rs. 5 lakh
- Customers can instantly reload currency from iMobile and internet banking platform
Mumbai: ICICI Bank today announced the launch of a co-branded multicurrency travel card with Goibibo, a leading online travel booking company, to offer convenience as well as monetary benefits to the burgeoning section of international travel enthusiasts of the country.Anyone travelling abroad, whether an ICICI Bank savings account customer or not, can apply for the ‘Goibibo ICICI Bank Travel Card’ digitally on the Goibibo website and mobile app.Accepted across 200 countries and 46 million merchants globally, the card can be loaded with upto 15 currencies.
The card is bundled with benefits upto Rs. 20,000 which includes gift vouchers worth Rs15,000 from Goibibo along with other benefits, that can be used to purchase flights and book hotels on the travel site. Additionally, customers get 40 paise discount on currency conversion rate on loading of minimum USD 1000. Further, they get the advantage of complimentary card protection from theft / loss upto Rs. 5 lakh. It also provides flat 15% discount at over 100 Indian restaurants across six foreign cities. To offer an enhanced convenience of managing the currencies loaded in the travel card seamlessly, the card allows customers to instantly convert money from one currency to another at Bank’s internet portal,as well as reload currency into the card anytime, anywhere using the Bank’s mobile and internet banking platform.
Speaking on the occasion of the launch, Mr. Sudipta Roy, Head – Unsecured Assets,Credit Cards & Personal Loans, ICICI Bank said, “We are delighted to partner with Goibibo to offer our first co-branded multi-currency travel card. Customers have always been at the core of our innovations and offerings. So, we continually strive to provide improved convenience as well as more benefits to them. This offering is in line with that philosophy.
According to UN World Tourism Organisation estimate, India is the second fastest growing outbound tourism market in the world, after China. Around 50 million Indians are estimated to travel overseas in 2019, more than double of 23 million in 2017. To cater to this burgeoning segment, we have introduced the card with more convenience and unprecedented benefits. The ‘Goibibo ICICI Bank Travel Card’ not only offers the convenience of one-card-across-countries with an option of loading upto 15 currencies, but also comes bundled with some of the best-in class services. Additionally, one can easily apply for it digitally from Goibibo’s site and mobile app by furnishing a few details.
In addition to this co-branded travel card, we cater to our travel enthusiast customers with other products such as Sapphiro Travel Card and Coral Travel Card. We aspire to accomplish a new dimension in consumer space in Indian digital payments and contribute largely to the growth of the Bank’s travel card portfolio.”
Mr. Saujanya Shrivastava, Chief Business Officer, Goibibo said, “As more and more Indians travel overseas for leisure or business, they are consistently looking for hassle-free and safe ways of making payments without the fuss that comes with currency conversion. With an aim to make travel an even more rewarding experience, we are happy to partner with ICICI Bank to offer a host of tailor-made services that will deliver most meaningful and distinctive value proposition for the new age travelers.’’
Exclusive benefits of the Goibibo ICICI Bank Travel card include:
Travel privileges upto Rs 20,000:
- Exclusive Goibibo vouchers worth Rs. 15,000/-
- Gift voucher of ‘goCash+’ worth Rs. 500/-. (goCash+ is fully redeemable Goibibo currency and can be fully redeemed upto the value on the travel portal)
- Discount of 40 paise on currency conversion rate on loading of minimum USD 1000
- Complimentary cards’ protection service offered by OneAssist wallet assistance worth Rs. 1,600. This provides theft/lost card protection to customers of upto Rs. 5 lakh
- Discount of Rs. 500/- on shopping at Croma outlets (including at airport and online)
- Ola discount voucher worth of Rs. 500 on load of USD 1,000 and Rs. 1,000 on load of USD 2,000
- Dining discount of flat 15% at 100+ Indian restaurants in 6 cities namely Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, London, Singapore, Hong Kong and Bangkok
- Theft/lost card protection to customers of upto Rs. 5 lakh
- Comprehensive travel insurance coverage ranging from Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh
Instant reloading and currency transfer:
- Instant transfer of money from one currency to another through Bank’s internet portal and reload currency into the card anytime, anywhere using the Bank’s mobile and internet banking platform.
- Free replacement travel card included in the kit
To apply for the ‘Goibibo ICICI Bank Travel Card’, customers can follow the below simple steps:
- Login to Goibibo website / mobile application (https://imobile.icicibank.com/icicitravelcard/landing.do)
- Fill few details like name, mobile number, passport number, Email ID, PAN number etc.
- Enter OTP received on mobile number and address
- Select the currency and amount to be loaded
- Make payment using ICICI Bank savings account or billdesk portal for non ICICI Bank customers
Further, verifier visits customers’ address in few working days to verify documents, collect photocopy of passport, pan card, visa; and hand deliver the kit of travel card. The card gets activated within one working day of submission of the documents.
For media queries, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About ICICI Bank: ICICI Bank Ltd (BSE: ICICIBANK, NSE: ICICIBANK and NYSE:IBN) is a leading private sector bank in India. The Bank’s consolidated total assets stood at Rs. 1,238,794 crore at March 31, 2019. ICICI Bank's subsidiaries include India's leading private sector insurance, asset management and securities brokerage companies, and among the country’s largest private equity firms.
Certain statements in this release relating to a future period of time (including inter alia concerning our future business plans or growth prospects) are forward-looking statements intended to qualify for the 'safe harbor' under applicable securities laws including the US Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to statutory and regulatory changes, international economic and business conditions; political or economic instability in the jurisdictions where we have operations, increase in non-performing loans, unanticipated changes in interest rates, foreign exchange rates, equity prices or other rates or prices, our growth and expansion in business, the adequacy of our allowance for credit losses, the actual growth in demand for banking products and services, investment income, cash flow projections, our exposure to market risks, changes in India’s sovereign rating, as well as other risks detailed in the reports filed by us with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on assumptions that we believe to be reasonable as of the date of this release. ICICI Bank undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date thereof. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. These filings are available at www.sec.gov
About Goibibo: Goibibo is India’s leading online travel booking brand providing range of choice for hotels, flights, trains, bus and cars for travellers. Our core value differentiator is the most trusted user experience, be it in terms of quickest search and booking, fastest payments, settlement or refund processes. Through GoStays, our customers enjoy standardised stay experience at certified hotel properties. With industry first virtual travel booking currency GoCash Plus and travel social network, GoContacts – Goibibo is the number one choice for a new India on the move.
For Goibibo enquiries, please contact:
Disha Nanda, Genesis BCW | +91-97110-10852 | email@example.com