ICICI Bank inaugurates its 4000th bank branch
March 31, 2015
- First private sector bank in the country to achieve the milestone
- Largest branch network among private sector banks of 4050 branches
- Also inaugurates 1000th self-service kiosk for cash deposit branch
- Longest working hours from 9am – 6pm. Specialised branches open from 8am to 8pm
- First bank in the country with 100 digital ‘Touch Banking’ branches, available 24x7, on all days
- 52% of the branches are dedicated to serving rural and semi-urban customers
- Opens over two million accounts under Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana – the highest among private sector banks
Mumbai: ICICI Bank, India’s largest private sector bank, today announced the inauguration of its 4000th bank branch at Sector 37D in Chandigarh. It is the first private sector bank in the country to achieve this milestone. Additionally, the Bank also inaugurated over 50 branches in other parts of the country during the day, thereby taking its total branch count to 4050.
The Bank’s branch footprint covers 2300 locations across the country from Sopore in Jammu & Kashmir to Nagercoil in Tamil Nadu to Naliya in Gujarat and Mokokchung in Nagaland.
Speaking at the inauguration, Ms. Chanda Kochhar, MD & CEO, ICICI Bank said, “We believe that a wide branch network is a cornerstone of retail banking. It also helps deepen the relationship with the customer as it forms a focal point for a range of products & services like mortgages, other loans and investments. Today’s important milestone is yet another step towards providing our customers improved access and proximity to the Bank’s services. 52% of our branches are in rural and semi-urban areas, which is also a testimony of our commitment towards financial inclusion in the country. This has enabled us to open over two million accounts under the Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana – the highest among private sector banks.
We are among the pioneers in evolving newer branch models suited to the changing environment and various customer segments. These vary from the longest branch banking hours from 9am to 6pm at most of our retail branches, even upto 8pm at select locations to the largest network in the country of fully automated, 24x7 ‘Touch Banking’ branches. The Bank also has 450 ‘Gramin’ branches and its mobile ‘Branch - On – Wheels’ for servicing remote unbanked villages which so far did not have any bank branch. We service around half-a-million customers daily at our branches and are fully committed to expand our branch network even further. We will add over 400 branches in the next fiscal, which is equivalent to the branch network of a small bank.”
The Bank also announced the inauguration of its 1000th self-service kiosk for accepting cash at its Santacruz branch in Mumbai. Part of its branch automation strategy, these kiosks enable anyone (account holder or not) to deposit cash in an ICICI Bank account in a completely automated manner with the account receiving instant credit. This is in lieu of filling up pay-in-slip and manual cash deposit at the teller counter. To avail this service, users have to simply use their debit card and pin or enter the account number in the kiosk. Available across 390 cities, over one fourth of these kiosks are available round-the-clock on all days.
The milestone of 4000 branches comes close on the heels of a slew of technology led services introduced by the Bank to digitize its branches, including:
- ‘Touch Banking’ branches: These fully automated branches are available 24x7, on all days. 100 such branches are available across 33 cities in the country. To know more, visit http://www.touchbanking.in.
- ‘Video Banking’: This mobile app enables the Bank’s Wealth customers to carry out a video chat with the customer care executives round-the- clock on all days from anywhere. Using the app, the customers can resolve their day-to-day banking queries and get information related to products and offers.
- Service by Appointment: A simple, real-time online appointment booking system that allows Wealth & Privilege banking customers to choose their desired banking service, time & location at select branches thereby resulting in minimal wait time.
- ‘InstaBanking’ app: A first-of-its- kind app in the country, it aims to reduce time spent in filling up paper work for commonly used transactions in a bank branch. Using this app, customers can process their desired transactions any time, upto seven days prior to visiting the branch.
- ‘InstaBanking’ self-service kiosks: These allow quick access to transactions like view & print of bank statements, balance enquiry, updation of contact details, opening of fixed deposits among others.
- mPassbook: This app helps customers to view their recent savings, credit card and PPF account transactions on their mobile phone itself. This app shows the transactions even without mobile internet services.
- Self-service kiosks for accepting cash.
The new branch at Chandigarh will remain open from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm from Monday to Friday and 9:00 am to 2:00 pm on Saturday. It offers a comprehensive range of deposits, savings and current accounts, home loans, loan against property, gold loans, auto loans, personal loans along with NRI services and locker facility. The Bank has close to 180 branches in Punjab and 20 in Chandigarh.
The Bank also has a wide network of 12,091 ATMs spread across the country (at December 31, 2014).The bank services its large customer base through a multi-channel delivery network of branches, ATMs, call center, internet banking, mobile banking, banking on Facebook and Twitter. It’s branches also bring unabated customer convenience for its premium customers with close to 100 Wealth Management branches and lounges.
For updates, visit www.icicibank.com , follow us on twitter@ICICIBank. To know location of branches and self-service kiosks for accepting cash, visit http://maps.icicibank.com/mobile and https://www.icicibank.com/CashDepositMachine respectively.
About ICICI Bank Ltd: ICICI Bank Ltd (NYSE:IBN) is India's largest private sector bank with consolidated total assets of US $ 124.76 billion at March 31, 2014. ICICI Bank's subsidiaries include India's leading private sector insurance companies and among its largest securities brokerage firms, mutual funds and private equity firms. ICICI Bank's presence currently spans 17 countries, including India.
Except for the historical information contained herein, statements in this release, which contain words or phrases such as 'will', 'would', etc., and similar expressions or variations of such expressions may constitute 'forward looking statements'. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those suggested by the forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to our ability to obtain statutory and regulatory approvals and to successfully implement our strategy, future levels of non-performing loans, our growth and expansion in business, the adequacy of our allowance for credit losses, technological implementation and changes, the actual growth in demand for banking products and services, investment income, cashflow projections, our exposure to market risks as well as other risks detailed in the reports filed by us with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. ICICI Bank undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date thereof. All reference to interest rates, penalties and other terms and conditions for any products and services described herein are correct as of the date of the release of this document and are subject to change without notice. The information in this document reflects prevailing conditions and our views as of this date, all of which is expressed without any responsibility on our part and is subject to change. In preparing this document, we have relied upon and assumed, without independent verification, the accuracy and completeness of all information available from public sources. ICICI Bank and the "I man" logo are the trademarks and property of ICICI Bank. Any reference to the time of delivery or other service levels is only indicative and should not be construed to refer to any commitment by us. The information contained in this document is directed to and for the use of the addressee only and is for the purpose of general circulation only.
For Media Queries: