Ms. Chanda Kochhar, MD & CEO, ICICI Bank announces 10 customer friendly measures by the bank for the new currency regime
November 09, 2016
- ICICI Bank’s branch timings will be extended by two hours on November 10 and 11, 2016.
- Branches in prominent locations shall be open from 08:00 AM to 08:00 PM on November 10 and 11, 2016.
- All our branches will be open on Saturday, November 12, 2016 and Sunday, November 13, 2016 as well.
- The bank will equip its branches with additional cash counters to manage heightened footfall of customers.
- We are providing our branches with the new notes of Rs. 2000/- and the existing notes of Rs. 100/- denomination and of lower value. These will be available at our main branches from November 10, 2016.
- All charges pertaining to cash deposit and withdrawal at our Savings Accounts across all branches will be waived w.e.f. November 10, 2016 till November 30, 2016.
- Charges related to transactions at ICICI Bank ATMs by ICICI Bank customers will be waived till December 31, 2016.
- We have doubled the daily usage limit of debit cards for use at Point-of-sale (POS) as well as online transactions.
- We have offered our credit worthy customers an additional credit limit of 20% on credit cards.
- We are communicating to our customers and informing them of the new guidelines as well as the steps being taken by the bank in this regard. We are also emphasising to customers on the benefits of cashless transactions through debit and credit cards, as well as our electronic channels of internet & mobile banking and Pockets, our digital wallet.
About ICICI Bank Ltd: ICICI Bank Ltd (NYSE:IBN) is India’s largest private sector bank with consolidated total assets of US $ 139.14 billion at June 30, 2016. ICICI Bank's subsidiaries include India's leading private sector insurance companies, securities brokerage firms, mutual funds and private equity firms. Its presence currently spans 17 countries, including India.
Except for the historical information contained herein, statements in this release, which contain words or phrases such as 'will', 'would', etc., and similar expressions or variations of such expressions may constitute 'forward looking statements'. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those suggested by the forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to our ability to obtain statutory and regulatory approvals and to successfully implement our strategy, future levels of non-performing loans, our growth and expansion in business, the adequacy of our allowance for credit losses, technological implementation and changes, the actual growth in demand for banking products and services, investment income, cash flow projections, our exposure to market risks as well as other risks detailed in the reports filed by us with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. ICICI Bank undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date thereof. All reference to interest rates, penalties and other terms and conditions for any products and services described herein are correct as of the date of the release of this document and are subject to change without notice. The information in this document reflects prevailing conditions and our views as of this date, all of which is expressed without any responsibility on our part and is subject to change. In preparing this document, we have relied upon and assumed, without independent verification, the accuracy and completeness of all information available from public sources. ICICI Bank and the "I man" logo are the trademarks and property of ICICI Bank. Any reference to the time of delivery or other service levels is only indicative and should not be construed to refer to any commitment by us. The information contained in this document is directed to and for the use of the addressee only and is for the purpose of general circulation only.
For media queries, write to us at: email@example.com