At ICICI Bank, we strive to fulfil our role as a responsible corporate citizen through our diverse environmental, social and governance initiatives. Our continuous efforts aimed at building a sustainable tomorrow rest on key pillars in line with the ‘Environment, Social and Governance Framework’ approved by our Board of Directors.Read More
"Going beyond the Bank, we extended our support for combating the pandemic and its impact, through financial and logistical assistance to the government authorities."
1. As per generic estimates, one tree makes 16.67 reams of paper (8,333 sheets) and
500 ml of water is required for one sheet
2. Includes financial and non-financial transactions of savings account. Digital channels for savings account transactions include internet, mobile, POS, touch banking, phone banking and debit cards e-commerce transactions
3. Percentage share based on count of customers. Includes insta and digitally on boarded (for personal loans and credit cards)
4. Protection policies sold online
5. Initiated via digital channels
We believe that every institution has a role to play in the shared global agenda of sustainable development. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) provide a framework for addressing issues pertaining to the environment, society and governance. As India is focused on meeting these objectives, being a signatory to the framework, we believe that every small step in the direction to meeting these goals can generate value. At ICICI Bank, we are playing our part in contributing to meeting these goals through our business and corporate social responsibility activities.Read more
These pillars are in consonance with the long-term developmental goals of building and enabling a dynamic India. They also derive inspiration from the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).