|Scheme Type||EWS/LIG||MIG – I||MIG – II|
|Eligibility Family Income (Rs.)||EWS – Rs. 0 to Rs. 3, 00,000
LIG – Rs. 3,00,001 to Rs. 6,00,000
|Rs. 6,00,001 to
|Carpet Area-Max (sq. m.)||30 sqm** / 60 sqm**||160||200|
|Subsidy calculated on a max loan of||Rs. 6,00,000||Rs. 9,00,000||Rs. 12,00,000|
|Interest Subsidy (%)||6.50||4.00||3.00|
|Max Subsidy (Rs.)||2.67 Lakh||2.35 Lakh||2.30 Lakh|
|Validity of scheme||31 March 2022||31 March 2020||31 March 2020|
|Woman Ownership||Mandatory*||Non Mandatory||Non Mandatory|
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) - Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS)
The "Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme” (CLSS) under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) was announced by our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. The scheme envisages the vision of housing for all by the year 2022. ICICI Bank offers "Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme" under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Under this scheme, interest subsidy on purchase/ construction/ extension/ improvement of house is provided to customers belonging to Economical Weaker Section (EWS)/Lower Income Group (LIG)/Middle Income Group (MIG).
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility
- The beneficiary family should not have received central assistance under the Mission “Housing for all by 2022”.
- The scheme is offered to families, comprising of husband, wife and unmarried children. (An adult earning member irrespective of marital status can be treated as a separate household in MIG category)
- The family should not own a pucca house in his/ her name or in the name of any member of the family, in any part of India
- Upfront interest subsidy benefit on principal outstanding
- Aadhaar number(s) of the beneficiary family are mandatory for MIG category
- Interest subsidy will be available for a maximum loan tenure of 20 years or the loan tenure availed by the borrower whichever is lower
- There is no cap on the loan amount or on the cost of property.
- The Net Present Value (NPV) of the interest subsidy will be calculated at a discount rate of 9 %.
- The additional loan beyond the specified limits, if any to be at non-subsidized rate.
Key Parameters of Credit Linked Subsidy
However this stipulation is applicable only for new purchases and not for new construction (on an existing piece of land) or for enhancement/repairs of an existing house.
** This Norm is currently relaxed.
To view the list of locations where the subsidy scheme is available under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna, please click here.
Process to avail subsidy
If you are eligible for PMAY subsidy benefit and have not availed the same while taking Home Loan from us, you can submit your request. The bank will review your request for subsidy claim and will submit the claim to National Housing Bank.
Please follow the below process:
- Click here to download the Self Declaration form
- Submit the duly filled Self Declaration Form at the nearest ICICI Bank Asset Servicing Branch
- Please carry your original ID proof. Click here to view your nearest ICICI Bank Asset Servicing Branch.
- Aadhaar is mandatory to avail subsidy, hence carry original Aadhaar card of all family members.
- Details of family members to be provided correctly
- Signature of all applicants and co-applicants (wherever applicable) is required on Self Declaration form
- Subsidy is subject to approval and clearance from National Housing Bank.
Explore the power of simpler and smarter banking. Bank online with over 250 services
Bank on the go with our Mobile Banking services. Download app or use SMS
Pockets by ICICI Bank
VISA powered Universal payment wallet. Download today
Bank 24/7 through a widespread network of over 4,850 branches and 15,159 ATMs