Forgot Password? Get User ID?
How Can We Help You?
Find relevant answers to most of your queries here.
Submit your query/request/suggestion.
Locate our branches and ATMs.
Write to us with your feedback.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)
ICICI Bank is authorized by Ministry of Finance for offering Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) Accounts. Customers can open the account by submitting account opening documents at any ICICI Bank branch. The account will be opened in one of the 42 designated branches.
- The account can be opened by the natural or legal guardian in the name of a girl child from the birth of the girl child till she attains the age of 10 years
- A depositor can open and operate only one account in the name of a girl child under the scheme rules
- Natural or legal guardian of a girl child can be allowed to open the account for two girl children only. The third account in the name of the girl child can be opened in the event of birth of twin girls, as second birth or if the first birth itself results into three girl children
- SSY Account Opening Form
- Birth Certificate of girl child
- Identity proof (as per RBI KYC guidelines)
- Residence proof (as per RBI KYC guidelines)
- Attractive interest rate of 8.5%. Interest rate is regulated by Ministry of Finance from time to time
- Minimum Rs. 1,000 can be invested in one financial year
- Maximum investment of Rs. 1,50,000 can be made in one financial year
- Deposits in an account can be made till completion of 14 years, from the date of opening of the account
- The account shall mature on completion of 21 years from the date of opening of the account, provided that where the marriage of the account holder takes place before completion of such period of 21 years, the operation of the account shall not be permitted beyond the date of her marriage
- Tax Exemption
Investment in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme is exempted from Income Tax under section 80C. The scheme offers Tax Benefit under TripleE regimen ie. Principal, interest and outflow all are tax exempted
- Withdrawal Facility
To meet the financial requirements of the account holder for the purpose of higher education and marriage, account holder can avail partial withdrawal facility after attaining 18 years of age
Explore the power of simpler and smarter banking. Bank online with over 250 services
Bank on the go with our Mobile Banking services. Download app or use SMS
Pockets by ICICI Bank
VISA powered Universal payment wallet. Download today
Bank 24/7 through a widespread network of over 4,501 branches and 14,271 ATMs