- This covers the expenses incurred by the insured during hospitalization for availing immediate medical assistance required on account of any illness contracted or injury sustained whilst on a trip abroad.
Medical Evacuation or Repatriation of Remains
- “Medical Evacuation” covers the cost incurred for an ambulance or any other emergency transportation and evacuation services, reasonably incurred for injury sustained or illness contracted whilst on the trip abroad.
- “Repatriation of Remains” covers the cost of transporting the remains of the deceased insured back to the Country of Residence or Place of Origin or, up to an equivalent amount, for a local burial or cremation in the place where the death has occurred.
- This covers the cost of medical expenses incurred in connection with any injury or illness to the natural tooth or teeth of the insured during the trip.
- Personal Accident compensates the insured in the event of the insured meeting with an accident during the policy period that results in his death or permanent total disability.
Loss of Checked-In Baggage
- The Company shall pay the Insured for the sum as mentioned against this Benefit 6 in Part I of the Schedule to the Policy for value of the Checked-In Baggage lost whilst in custody of the Common Carrier during the Trip covered hereunder. The coverage shall commence from the time the Checked-In Baggage is entrusted to the Common Carrier and a receipt obtained, and shall terminate on delivery by the Common Carrier against surrender of the receipt at the Place of Destination/ City of Residence, as the case may be provided that the cover shall in no case exist beyond the point of delivery by the Common Carrier at the arrival terminal / exit gate. The cover shall be available only if the entire Checked-In Baggage is permanently lost by the Common Carrier
- The liability of the Company in so far as it relates to a single Checked-In Baggage being part of more than one Checked-In Baggage attached to the ticket of the Insured, shall be restricted to 50% of the Sum Insured specified in the Part I of the Schedule of the Policy. The compensation will not exceed the Sum Insured for the coverage as mentioned in Part I of the Schedule hereto.
- The cover shall be applicable individually and independently in case of Trip involving multi destinations en-route
Checked-In Baggage Delay
- The Company shall pay the Insured for the sum as specified for the coverage in the Schedule I of the Policy as a fixed allowance in case the Insured shall encounter a delay in receipt of the Checked-In Baggage beyond the period as specified in the Part I of the Schedule from the scheduled / expected time of delivery by the Common Carrier.
- Provided that such allowance for the Delay of Checked-in Baggage shall be paid only in event the delay is for more than 6 Hours (for Geographical scope of cover within India)/ 12 Hours (for Geographical scope of cover outside India) or the number of hours stated against the benefit as Deductible in the Part I of the Schedule to the Policy.
- For the purpose of this benefit, delay shall be considered to be the time lapsed from the actual time of arrival of the Common Carrier and the receipt of the Checked-In Baggage by the Insured.
- The cover shall be applicable individually and independently in case of Trip involving multi destinations en-route, provided that, in event of more than one incident of delay of Checked-in Baggage during the Trip, the Company’s overall liability shall be limited to loss suffered for two such incidents of delay of Checked-In Baggage.
- Reimbursement of additional expenses incurred, if trip is delayed for more than 8 hours due to terrorism, cancellation or rescheduling of flights by Common Carrier, or any natural peril.
Missed (Flight) Connection
- This covers the insured in case of failure of the insured to access the connecting flight, arising out of and consequent upon the delayed arrival of the earlier flight/ common carrier caused by reasons beyond the control of the insured.
Loss of Passport
- In the event that the passport belonging to the insured is lost, the Company will reimburse the insured for actual expenses necessarily and reasonably incurred in connection with obtaining a duplicate or fresh passport.
Trip Cancellation & Interruption
- This covers the official cancellation charges and the additional transportation expenses incurred by the insured to return to the place of origin, for the trip being cancelled / interrupted due to natural perils, or death or emergency hospitalization of insured or insured’s immediate family member.
- Personal Liability covers the insured against legal liability for bodily injury or property damage to third parties on account of an accident occurring anytime during the trip or within the policy period.
Financial Emergency Allowance
- In the event of the insured facing a financial emergency as a result of the accidental loss of money held by him / her, at any time during the trip covered under the Policy, the Company shall pay a sum as a fixed allowance.
Hijack Distress Allowance
- This coverage provides compensation in case the Common Carrier in which the insured is traveling as a passenger during the trip is subjected to a hijack, and that the Common Carrier with all the passengers thereon is held captive by the hijackers.
- This covers the expenses for the special assistance rendered by an immediate family member of the insured, in event of the insured being hospitalized for more than 5 days due to any injury sustained or illness contacted during the trip.
ICICI Bank Limited (“ICICI Bank”) with registered office at ICICI Bank Tower, Near Chakli Circle, Old Padra Road, Vadodara, 390 007, Gujarat (CIN: L65190GJ1994PLC021012) Toll Free No. 1860 120 7777 is only a Corporate Agent (Composite, IRDAI Regn No.: CA0112 valid till March 31, 2022) of ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited having its registered office at ICICI Lombard House, 414, Veer Savarkar Marg, Near Siddhivinayak Temple, Prabhadevi, Mumbai 400025. IRDAI Reg. No. 115. Toll Free No. 1800 2666. Fax No. 022 61961323, CIN: L67200MH2000PLC129408 email@example.com, www.icicilombard.com
Enrolment by ICICI Bank’s customer of any insurance products is purely voluntary, and is not linked to availment of any other facility from ICICI Bank.
- IRDAI is not involved in activities like selling insurance policies, announcing bonus or investment of premiums.
- Public receiving such phone calls are requested to lodge a police complaint.
Recommended Product For you
Trusted plans to secure your family
iWish is a unique online flexible Recurring Deposit
For those who always want something extra
Attractive Rate of Interest starting from 11.25% p.a