Health Insurance Renewal
Health insurance usually comes for a tenure of one year and needs to be renewed annually, to continue availing benefits. However, health insurance policy renewal can be a time consuming process, especially if it is done manually.
But today, the internet has made everything easy – including renewing health insurance. All you need to do is have the relevant documents with you, a high speed internet connection and you are good to go.
How to Renew Health Insurance?
Your health insurance policy needs to be renewed annually for you to continue availing its benefits. Nowadays, with the advent of technology, renewal has turned into a quick and easy process. It takes less than 20 minutes and should ideally be done 15 days prior to the expiry of your health insurance policy. In case, something unfortunate happens and medical expenses arise, it is always better to have the benefits your health insurance policy offers.
Health insurance can be renewed in a number of ways – these are through the ‘iMobile’ app, ICICI Bank’s website or by going to your nearest ICICI Bank branch. Below are the steps explained in detail for each.
Renewal Through ‘iMobile’ App
- Login to the ‘iMobile’ app
- Access Mutual Fund, Insurance & Tax Payment – General Insurance. Select Buy/Renew and then Health Insurance
- On the app itself, fill in details on the renewal form
- Once again go through the form, and check all details
- Confirm details and proceed to making the payment
- After successful transaction, you’ll get renewed policy in a PDF file
- Save this PDF file
Renewal Through ICICI Bank’s Website
- Log on to the website
- Go to Products – General Insurance – Health Insurance
- Enter details in the renewal form
- Re-read form to ensure accuracy of information
- Confirm the information and proceed to making payment
- Post successful transaction, policy is renewed and a PDF file is sent
- Store this PDF file and take out a printout for good measure
Renewal Through ICICI Bank Branch
- Visit your nearest ICICI Bank branch
- Enter details in the policy renewal form
- Read again to verify the details entered
- Submit duly completed renewal form in the branch
- Take care of payment through cheque or DD
- Receive your renewed policy document
That’s it! That’s all it takes to renew your policy online. Moreover, for each year you do not make a claim, you can receive a no claim bonus that will add to the total sum insured that you would receive.
Benefits of Online Renewal
Online renewal has several benefits including:
- Digital Receipt: When you renew a health insurance policy online, you receive a digital receipt on the email you provided, saving the need to print anything on paper. This also makes online renewal quite eco-friendly.
- Quick Confirmation: Once you’ve made the payment, the confirmation that your payment has been received is almost instantaneous. This confirmation arrives on your mobile phone as an SMS and even on your email.
- Policy to Email: When you renew a policy online, the new signed policy document will be sent to your email. This can then be downloaded and saved or even printed and kept as a hard copy.
- Policy from Day One: Online renewal of a policy means that there is no waiting period in-between buying your policy and receiving the document. It is an instantaneous process. You pay, you receive the document on your e-mail and you’re good to avail the benefits anytime.
Hassle-Free Renewal with ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank offers all the above benefits and more through online renewal options. You just have to log on to the website with the relevant documents at hand and you can easily renew your health insurance policy. Additionally, if you link your net banking account with the insurance details, you’ll get a renewal reminder, in which there’ll also be a link for renewal of the policy.
So, what are you waiting for? If you’ve not yet bought/ renewed your health insurance policy, head to the site, make use of the health insurance premium calculator and insure yours and your loved one’s health, with our comprehensive health insurance policies.