Car Insurance Renewal
At the end of car insurance period one has to renew car insurance to continue enjoying the benefits of coverage. The manual process done by insurance agents is a tedious and time-consuming affair taking 2-3 days at a time. The consumer has no choice but to go through the ordeal as it is illegal to drive on the roads without third-party car insurance.
But now, car insurance policy renewal is a hassle-free and extremely convenient affair. Moreover, you can also have a precise idea of how much premium you’ll have to pay, by making use of the car insurance premium calculator.
What Documents do You Require for Renewal?
The details you need to be aware about for renewing the policy are: policy number, vehicle’s registration date, chassis number/engine number, manufacturer’s name and model detail. All of this information can be found in the vehicle registration book and the policy certificate.
Ways to Renew Your Insurance Policy
There are three ways you renew your insurance policy: through online renewal at www.icicibank.com, through the ‘iMobile’ app and by visiting the nearest ICICI Bank branch. Here are the steps that you need to follow for renewing the policy through the website:
- Log on to www.icicibank.com
- Go to Products – Insurance – Car
- On the website, complete details on the renewal form
- Verify all fields are correctly filled
- After verifying, confirm the details and proceed towards payment
- On realisation of payment, the renewed policy is sent in a PDF file
- Save the PDF file and print a hard copy for your records
Apart from the website, you also have the option of renewing your car insurance policy through the iMobile app. And, this is what you need to do to get it done:
- Login to the ‘iMobile’ app
- Enter into Mutual Fund, Insurance & Tax Payment – General Insurance. Click on Buy/Renew and then select Car Insurance
- Fill the renewal form in the app
- Thoroughly check all the filled details
- Confirm entered details and make payment
- Get renewed policy in a PDF file
- Save the PDF file and print a hard copy
Lastly, there is also the option of renewing your car insurance policy by visiting any one of ICICI Bank’s numerous branches. This is the procedure that needs to be followed if you choose this option:
- Fill required details in the policy renewal form
- Verify all details have been entered correctly
- Submit completed form in the branch
- Make the payment through cheque or DD
- Get the renewed policy document
Benefits of Online Car Insurance Renewal
The advent of the internet has ushered in a new era of convenience and immediacy in service. Earlier, you had to walk in to the nearest outlet with the policy documents for renewing the policy. With online renewal though, you don’t need to set aside time separately from your hectic schedule to visit the service outlet and neither do you need to have physical papers with you; even a softcopy containing all the relevant details will do.
You just need to log on to the website, put in your policy number, vehicle details, make the payment and you’re done. There is no need for a physical inspection again if your policy is being renewed before expiration. A marked increase in clarity of how car insurance premiums are calculated is brought about by the car insurance calculator. It not only gives you fair idea of how much the premium will be, but also helps in getting the best policy according to your needs.
Seamless Online Renewal Experience at ICICI Bank
With ICICI Bank, it becomes even easier for you to renew your insurance policy. With our ‘iMobile’ app, available on both App Store and Play Store, renewing a car insurance policy is a breeze.
What’s more, if you link your policy to your ICICI net banking account, then you will get a renewal reminder, which you can use to get the policy renewed as well. Apart from this, there are many other benefits offered by online renewals such as: quick confirmation, digital receipt, policy to email, policy from day one and future date policies.
So, if you don’t have car insurance yet. Head to our website, look up the motor insurance premium calculator and secure yourself with our motor insurance policy today.