Tap n Pay FAQs
What is the benefit in using Tap n Pay?
The benefits are:
- Cashless and convenient payment by just tapping your phone
- No need of carrying cash or card everywhere. Transact using NFC tag.
- Get message instantaneously for all your transactions. You can track your payments by getting a detailed statement from https://mobomoney.in/ICICI
Who can use Tap n Pay?
Tap n Pay account can be opened by customers of any bank by simply registering for it at https://www.mobomoney.in/ICICI/
How to register for ICICI Bank Mobile Money?
Step 1: Go to https://www.mobomoney.in/ICICI/ and click on ‘Register’ link available on the right top corner of the page
Step 2: Enter basic details in the registration page
Step 3: Click on 'Generate MPI' to generate your own 4-digit MPIN.
Remember this MPIN for tag issuance, transactions and to access Tap n Pay account online.
How to fund my account?
The customer can fund his account in 2 ways:
- Deposit Money through Net Banking: Enter mobile number and amount in https://www.mobomoney.in/ICICI/. After this, you will be redirected to ICICI Bank Payment Gateway where you can enter your credentials and deposit money.
- Deposit Money through SMS: Send ‘MM ’ <Amount><Last Six digits of your ICICI Bank Saving account number>' to 9222208888.
How can I deposit money via SMS?
Send 'MM ' <Amount><Last Six digits of your ICICI Bank Saving account number>' to 9222208888 from your registered mobile number.
To use this, the mobile number registered in Tap n Pay account should be the same as the number registered in your ICICI Bank Savings Account.
How do I check my Statement?
You can check your detailed statement by logging into www.mobomoney.in/ICICI and clicking on ‘Detailed Statement’ under Services.
How do I check my balance?
You can check your balance by logging into www.mobomoney.in/ICICI and clicking on ‘Self Balance Check’ under Services.
I have forgotten my MPIN. What should I do?
Click on ‘Generate MPIN’ on the home page www.mobomoney.in/ICICI to re-generate MPIN.
When will I use my MPIN?
You need your MPIN for the following activities:
- Authenticating transactions of value greater than Rs. 100
- Log-in to www.mobomoney.in/ICICI
- Issuing / Blocking your NFC Tag
I have transferred funds to my ICICI Bank Mobile Money Account. How long will it take to reflect in Mobile Money?
The transfer of funds is immediate. If the transaction has failed, please wait for 2 working days for refund. Please contact our Customer Care with your registered mobile number for further assistance.
I have lost my NFC tag. What should I do?
Block your NFC tag by logging in to www.mobomoney.in/ICICI and clicking on ‘Block your NFC Tag’ under Services. You will need to enter your MPIN to block your tag.
Fee will be charged for re-issue of NFC tag.
How can I download the mobile money app?
- You can enter your mobile number in the ‘Download the App’ section on the home page of our portal https://www.mobomoney.in/ICICI
- You can enter your mobile number in the link M2 on Mobile (under Services) which is present in the logged in section.
You will shortly receive a message with a download app link. Click on the link and download the app and login to use mobile money services.
Currently, the App is available on Android OS.
I am getting the following error message - 'Dear Customer, Mobile Number <xxxx> is not registered as Mobile Money Customer. Incase amount is debited from ICICI Bank Account same will be refunded back in 1 working day. 'What should I do?
Step 1: Check if mobile number is registered with your linked ICICI Bank account. If not, you can register your number in your ICICI Bank Savings account at any ICICI Bank ATM using ‘Others’ option
Step 2: If your number is registered and still you are receiving this message, then follow this simple process:
Login to ICICI Bank Internet Banking -> Under 'Funds Transfer' click on 'Generate/Retrieve MMID' for the ICICI Bank Account.
Now you can use SMS top up facility. This activity has to be done only once and then you can enjoy SMS top up facility.