Oxigen e-Paisa FAQs
1. What is Oxigen e-Paisa
Oxigen e-Paisa is a money transfer service presented by Oxigen India Pvt. Ltd., with ICICI Bank Ltd as the Principal Bank. With this facility any customer with an active mobile connection can send/ transfer money to any bank account (in India) by visiting the authorised Oxigen e-Paisa agent. This money is transferred through electronic fund transfer options such as NEFT/ IMPS etc.
2. How does Oxigen e-Paisa service work?
You can use it in simple steps:
Step-1 : Register & Activate: Walk into the nearest authorised Oxigen e-Paisa outlet and ask the agent that you wish to enroll for Oxigen e-Paisa service. Complete the Enrollment process by providing your full name, complete address, your active mobile number etc
Step-2 : Add beneficiary: After enrollment, you need to provide details of the beneficiary bank account like beneficiary name, beneficiary's correct account number, beneficiary bank IFSC code/ location of the beneficiary bank etc. You will get a One Time Code (OTC), on your registered mobile as a text message, which you need to share with the Oxigen e-Paisa agent so that the required beneficiary can be added.
Step-3 : Deposit Cash: Hand over the cash to the Oxigen e-Paisa agent for transfer of the same to the required beneficiary's bank account. The Oxigen e-Paisa agent would initiate the money transfer transaction, based on which you would receive another One Time Code (OTC) which needs to be shared with the Oxigen e-Paisa agent. The Oxigen Outlet retailer would enter the same in the system to complete the transaction. You would then receive a text message on your registered mobile number with the transaction ID, amount transferred etc.
3. How is the fund transferred through this service?
Fund transfer is initiated by the Oxigen e-Paisa agent, after which the system would first check if the bank of beneficiary accepts the transfer via IMPS. If yes, then the transfer is made via IMPS and customer would get an instant confirmation of the transaction on SMS and if not, then the request would be placed via NEFT and the customer would get the confirmation on SMS depending on the NEFT cycle.
4. What is IMPS ?
IMPS is an instant, 24X7, interbank electronic fund transfer service through mobile phones. IMPS enables customers to use Mobile instruments, Internet Banking, ATMs etc. as channels for accessing their bank accounts and placing interbank fund transfers in a secured manner with immediate confirmation features.
6. Do I need to produce any ID proof to send money?
No ID or address proof is required. Although you need to provide your basic details to the agent at Oxigen e-Paisa outlet, like full name, complete address and your active mobile number, in order to register your name one time, as a sender. It is a one-time registration.
7. Do I need to register the beneficiary for using this service?
Yes the beneficiary needs to be registered by the sender with authorised Oxigen e-Paisa agent - during first transaction. Share the details (such as name, bank account number, IFSC code) of the beneficiary with the agent. Registration will not be required next transaction onwards to send money to the same beneficiary.
11. What are the NEFT Transaction timings? Excluding all public / bank holidays
|Monday to Friday||8:00 AM to 6:30 PM|
|Saturdays||8:00 AM to 12:30 PM|
(However, please note that this service will be used for banks which are not yet available under IMPS platform or in case IMPS transaction fails. In order to ensure that you do not miss the last NEFT batch, you must complete your transaction at the Oxigen e-Paisa agent not later than 30 minutes before the closure of NEFT timings NEFT timings (as above)).
15. What are the charges for Money Transfer?
Following are the charges for money transfer:
|Sr. No||Transaction Type||Fee|
|1||Upto Rs 667||Rs. 10|
|2||Rs. 668 to Rs. 5000||1.50% of transaction amount|
|3||Rs. 5000.01 to Rs. 10000 **||Rs. 100|
|4||Rs. 10000.01 to Rs. 15000**||Rs.150|
|5||Rs. 15000.01 to Rs. 20000 **||Rs.200|
|6||Rs. 20000.01 to Rs. 25000 **||Rs.250|
|7||Profile creation Fee||Free|
|**Applicable for fund transfer to same beneficiary account by same remitter during a calendar day.|
17. Where will I get details of various fees and charges in case of any changes?
You will get the details of exact fee, payable for the first time registration as well as transaction fee from the authorised Oxigen e-Paisa outlet. These details are also available at http://www.myoxigen.com and www.icicibank.com. You can also call Customer Care at 0124-6773300 between 8 A.M. and 11 P.M any day except for national holidays which are:
- Republic Day - 26 Jan
- Independence Day - 15 Aug
- Gandhi Jayanti - 2 Oct
22. How do I delete a beneficiary from my profile?
Please visit any authorised Oxigen e-Paisa outlet and share your registered mobile number. Oxigen e-Paisa agent will help you to do the needful. You will only need to provide the One Time Code (OTC) with the agent, which will be sent on your mobile once the request is registered by him.
23. How do I get a refund of the remitted money in case the amount is not credited to the account as per details given by me?
For this you need to follow steps mentioned:
- You will get as SMS intimation for a failed transaction with the transaction number.
- Please visit any authorised Oxigen e-Paisa agent at his outlet and provide your mobile number
- The Oxigen e-Paisa agent would check the status of the transaction and inform you about the failed transaction along with reason for failure.
- You can either re-initiate the transaction (in cases where failure is due the technical reason like the internet connection was not working etc.) or ask for a refund of the amount in cash.
- Based on your reply, the Oxigen e-Paisa agent would either initiate the request for refund of transaction amount or re-initiate the original transaction.
- For completion of either of the two you would then receive an OTC on your registered mobile number.
- Provide this OTC to Oxigen e-Paisa agent, he would enter the same in the system to process your request and return you cash amount equivalent to the failed transaction value or complete the request for transfer of funds
25. How many times can an OTC be used?
OTC generated for a particular transaction can be used only once successfully and is valid for 30 minutes . However, only three attempts with same OTC are allowed after which the OTC will expire and the transaction would be deemed unsuccessful. Thereafter request the agent to generate a new OTC.