National Unified USSD Platform FAQs
What is NUUP
NUUP stands for National Unified USSD Platform. It is a mobile banking service provided by NPCI (National Payment Cooperation of India) which works on USSD technology. Customers can access the mobile banking menu of ICICI Bank just by dialing the short code *99# from their mobile phone and initiate a transaction following the steps prompted on the screen.
Highlights of the Enhanced NUUP service
- Allows mobile@UPIFor ex. 8108108644@UPI ) to become an address to receive money from UPI users
- UPI collect for merchants for feature phone users using their mobile number
- Language selection/Default language
- Beneficiary addition/Deletion
- Different ways to send money - Pay to Mobile number, VPA, Aadhaar id or MMID and IFSC
- Collect money request from mobile number
I am getting the error “Invalid Command” or “Try again”?
It may happen due to below issues:
- Please check if your mobile operator is providing this service. You can get the list of the operators on NUUP by visiting Telecom operator.
- If your mobile operator is in the list on NPCI website, the error may be due to a network issue in your area. You can try initiating the transaction after sometime. In case the issue persists, please check with your mobile operator.
If I have any queries, where should I contact?
Please contact us at our 24-hour Customer Care.