eftCheques Mobile app FAQs
What is eftCheques?
ICICI Bank eftCheques app provides a comprehensive solution for cheque based transactions. It enables quick, convenient and secure transfer of funds to a beneficiary, while maintaining the cheque writing experience. Additionally, you can deposit a cheque, check the status of your physical cheques and a lot more.
What are the key features of eftCheques?
- Write eftCheques – Issue eftCheques to a mobile number of your choice
- Deposit Cheque – Deposit scanned image of physical cheque issued to you
- Cheque Query – Check the status of physical cheques issued to / from your account
- eftCheques History – Check past debit transactions done through eftCheques
How do I issue an eftCheques?
To issue an iCheque, please follow the below steps:
- Select Account number from which eftCheques is to be issued (Debit Account Number).
- From Main Menu, Select “Write eftCheques” option.
- A cheque book page will open with details like Name, Account Number and Balance.
- Enter mandatory details like Beneficiary Mobile Number (Manually or from contacts), Beneficiary Name and Amount. Click Submit.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- A message will be displayed upon successful issuance and you will receive an SMS with eftCheques code and 4-digit passcode. Passcode is to be shared with the Beneficiary to receive the funds.
How will the Beneficiary receive the Funds?
The 4-digit pass code should be communicated by you to the beneficiary. The beneficiary should initiate the transaction through the URL provided in the SMS alert or by visiting www.icicibank.com eftCheques page. The beneficiary will also need to keep the Bank account number and the IFSC code ready. IFSC code is required only if the Beneficiary Bank account is other than ICICI Bank.
How do I deposit a Cheque?
To deposit a Cheque, please follow the below steps:
- Select Account in which Cheque amount is to be deposited
- Select Deposit Cheque from the Main Menu
- Read the MICR band on the bottom of the cheque with MICR reader, Confirm the same.
- In the following screen, Capture the Front and Back of the Cheque respectively, verify the details populated and enter amount and name of the issuer (Drawer) of the cheque.
- Submit the cheque.
- Deposit the physical cheque at your nearest ICICI Bank branch, within the specified time limit.
What is eftCheques history?
You can view the status / history of iCheques issued through this mobile application.
- ICICI Bank will not be held responsible if the Account number is wrongly entered by the beneficiary.
- ICICI Bank is not liable to any interest to the customer, if the funds are lying with ICICI Bank till the same is accepted by the Beneficiary.
- If cheque code is not encashed by the beneficiary within the given time, the same will be expired.
- In case of any queries, please mail us on email@example.com