Invest Online FAQs
How can I register for Invest@ease?
To register for Invest@ease, you need to fill in a registration form that is available in any ICICI Bank Branch OR Download the form from the logged-in section at www.icicibank.com. Fill all details in the form with the requisite documents (as given below) and details of the bank account that is to be linked with the Invest@ease facility. Submit the form at All resident Indians having an ICICI Bank Savings Account can register for the Invest@ease services.any ICICI Bank branch
How do I buy mutual funds through Invest@ease ?
- You can start transacting , only after registration for Invest@ease services is done .
- To buy mutual funds log onto www.icicibank.com with your user id and password , click on Investment > Mutual fund .
- To purchase, you have an option to select the scheme , based on 'AMC' or 'Type of Scheme '
- You can view the units alloted within 3 working days under "Transaction History" based on the processing time of the AMC / registrar.
How do I sell mutual funds over the Internet?
- You can view your current Mutual Fund units under "My funds" at current 'Net Asset Value (NAV)
- You can redeem the Units displayed under "My funds"
- Only mutual funds that are bought through Invest@ease can be redeemed through this service.
- Select the Scheme and click on the Redemption option .
- You can Redeem 'All Units ' or 'Partial' units of the selected scheme , specifying the units / amount you wish to redeem .
- The transaction will be processed within 2 - 4 days and the redemption proceeds will be credited directly into your bank account .
What is the cut off time to send the details?
At Invest@ease the cut-off time for same-day NAV is 12:30 p.m. for liquid funds and 2.00 p.m. for non-liquid funds. All instructions received on a transaction day (except on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays) before the cut-off time will be eligible for the same day's NAV. For transactions after the cut-off time, the NAV applicable will be as on the following business day.
Will I get an online confirmation of my transactions?
The confirmation of units bought or sold will be done by the Asset Management Company (AMC) / Registrar within following 2-4 business days. The status of the same will be reflected on the 'Transaction History' page of the logged-in section at www.icicibank.com [Investments Mutual Fund Transaction History].
Can I transact at any time during the day?
Yes, you can transact at any time of the day through Internet Banking . However, in order to get the NAV of the same day, you will have to transact before the cut-off time of the scheme. If you place any order after the cut-off time, you would be eligible for the NAV of the following day.
How do I convert my current portfolio of mutual fund units to an online mutual fund portfolio?
At present, this facility is not available. In this facility, you will be able to transfer all your holdings obtained through the physical application method onto the online method. This facility will be introduced soon.
If I change my address, bank account or nomination, what do I need to do?
For all changes in your account profile or bank account linked for purchases or redemptions, you need to contact the nearest ICICI Bank branch and fill in a form to get the change done. For any change in nomination in your Mutual Fund investments you can contact the respective AMCs directly.
How is online investing through Invest@ease more convenient?
- There is no filling of multiple application forms. Only a one-time registration agreement is to be signed and submitted.
- It is a paperless method of investing in mutual funds. No application forms, no cheques, no documents required for any transaction.
- Direct credit to your bank account for redemption and for dividend proceeds.
- You can view your online mutual fund holdings at Internet Banking with the latest valuations.
Are the units allotted as per the NAV on the screen?
NAVs are declared by the mutual fund house by the end of the day; hence the NAV displayed on the screen (the previous day's NAV) will have a lag of one day or more. Thus, the displayed NAVs are indicative and for the purpose of guidance only. When you transact through Invest@ease, you get the same day's NAV depending upon the cut-off time applicable i.e. if the transaction is before the cut-off time, the same day's NAV is allotted (for all business days).
What Is KYC?
KYC is an abbreviation for 'Know your Client', a term commonly used for a process of identification of a customer. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has prescribed certain requirements relating to KYC norms for financial institutions and financial intermediaries including mutual fund houses to 'know' their clients. This is in the form of providing the client's identity and address for verification along with his/her financial status, occupation and such other demographic information to CDSL Ventures Ltd. (CVL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Central Depository Services (India) Ltd. (CDSL). For investing with any SEBI- registered mutual fund, you must be KYC compliant.
Where and how do I get to be KYC compliant? Do I as an investor have to repeat the KYC process with every mutual fund?
The mutual fund Industry has appointed CDSL Ventures Limited (CVL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Central Depository Services (India) Limited (CDSL), to carry out the KYC-compliance procedure.
- CVL accepts KYC application forms through its Points of Service (POS), verifies documents and provides the KYC acknowledgment (across the counter on a best effort basis).
- The list of POS is displayed on the websites of mutual fund houses, CDSL and AMFI. Once the KYC is duly completed in all respects, you need to produce a copy of the acknowledgment to the fund where you wish to invest. There is no need to repeat the KYC individually for each mutual fund investment.
How to check my KYC status?
- Step 1: Visit www.cvlindia.com and click "Inquiry on KYC".
- Step 2: Enter your PAN number and click SUBMIT.
- Step 3: If you are KYC compliant, your (PAN holder's) name appears along with the status as "VERIFIED" . You can take a print-out of this and it will suffice as a document of acknowledgment.