Smart Money Order FAQs
What is Smart Money Order ?
Smart Money Order is a service, which allows you to send money to any place in India. ICICI Bank is the first Bank in India to introduce this service. The money will be delivered by Indian Postal services to the address of the beneficiary as mentioned by you at the time of making the request.
How can I send money through the Smart Money Order service ?
To send money through this unique service, you just have to follow these simple steps:
- Login to ICICIBank.com.
- Click on Payments and Transfer.
- Select Funds Transfer and click on Smart Money Order option on the LHS.
- Input the details of sender, receiver and amount.
- Click on Next.
- Enter Your ATM/Debit Card Grid and One Time Password (OTP) to complete your transaction.
- Once the transaction is processed your account will be debited.
- The amount will be delivered to the receiver address within 15 working days from the date of debit to customer's account.
What are the benefits of this service ?
A few of the benefits of this service are as follows:
- Send money to any destination in India.
- You can send money from the convenience of you home. No need to visit a Post office.
- Service is available 24 X 7 X 365.
- Cash delivery at the doorstep of the receiver.
- Receiver need not hold a bank account.
When and how will the money be delivered to the receiver?
The money will be delivered in the form of cash to the receiver's address as given by the sender at the time of making the Smart Money Order request. The amount will be delivered by India Post (Indian Postal Service) within 15 working days from the date of Debit to Customer's account.
Can I view my Past Requests?
Yes, you can login to www.icicibank.com and view your Past Requests and their status through the link 'View Past Requests', given in the Smart Money Order section on www.icicibank.com
What will happen in case receiver does not receive the Money?
India Post will send your money to any destination in India. However, in case customer is not available at the address provided by the sender, the postman will put up a notice at the receiver's address about arrival of the money order at the Post Office affiliated to receiver's address and receiver can collect the amount within 7 working days.
In case receiver fails to collect the money order within the stipulated time, India Post will refund the amount to the sender's address as mentioned by the sender at the time of making the Smart Money Order request. Charges incurred by the sender will however, not be refunded.
What are the charges of Smart Money Order?
Following charges would be applicable for Smart Money Order service;
- India Post charges:
- 5% of Transaction Amount. Please note that these charges are applicable even for Money Orders made through Post Offices.
- ICICI Bank charges:
- Rs 25/- per transaction and service tax on Rs 25/- per transaction.
Where should I report in case of non-receipt of money by receiver?
For any queries / complaints regarding the Smart Money Order service, please write to us using the "Email Us" option.
India Post will take 10 days to revert on complaints lodged by ICICI Bank on behalf of customer. In case of non-delivery, India Post will resend the Money Order manually to customer. This may take maximum 15 days for delivery. Money Order number would be provided to customers for undelivered Money Orders. ICICI Bank will resolve these complaints with the help of India Post.