eftCheques Mobile App – Download, Registration and Login
1. eftCheques mobile app is available on which mobile devices?
eftCheque mobile app is available on
Android: Ginger bread 2.3 and above
iOS: iOS 4.3 and above
2. How do I download eftCheques mobile app?
You can download eftCheques mobile app on your handset in the following ways:
For GSM handsets:
- Visit Google Playstore / App Store from your device and search for eftCheques by ICICI Bank. Click on install and accept all permissions
3. I have downloaded the app. How do I use it now?
Once the eftCheques application is downloaded, open the application from the Games or Application folder of your phone. The app will ask permission to install, please click on install. Once the app is installed, you can open it from eftCheques app shortcut placed on your desktop. You will have to follow the below steps to start using eftCheques mobile app.
- Accept permissions requested
- You can download the application on the registered mobile number with ICICI Bank account. Post download, you will have to register with your Debit Card and Debit Card PIN. In case of a Joint Account, Internet Banking user id is also required. Once authentication is done based on the OTP sent to the registered mobile number, you can start using the application with the 4 digit numberic PIN of your choice. If you are using a Dual SIM mobile, please ensure that primary SIM selected is the registered mobile number with the bank.
4. What is PIN?
It is a 4-digit numeric password set by the user to prevent unauthorised usage of the application.
5. What if I forget my Login PIN? How to reset PIN?
You need to click on "Forgot PIN" tab and re-enter the Debit Card and ATM PIN. Once the verification is done, you will be able to generate a PIN of your choice.
Transaction related queries
1. How do I issue an eftCheque?
To issue an eftCheque, please follow the below steps:
1. Select Account number from which eftCheque is to be issued (Debit Account Number).
2. From Main Menu, Select “Write eftCheque” option.
3. A cheque book page will open with details like Name, Account Number and Balance.
4. Enter mandatory details like Beneficiary Mobile Number (Manually or from contacts), Beneficiary Name and Amount. Click Submit.
5. Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
6. A message will be displayed upon successful issuance and you will receive an SMS with eftCheque code and 4-digit passcode. Passcode is to be shared with the Beneficiary to receive the funds.
2. What is the amount limit for issuing a cheque through this app?
There is a limit of maximum Rs. 1,00,000 per day for which an eftCheques can be issued for.
3. Can I issue a Cheque to non-ICICI Bank Customer?
Yes, eftCheques can be issued to a non-ICICI Bank Customer. However, Beneficiary needs to visit ICICI Bank website link that he/she will receive via SMS to deposit the funds.
4. Can I issue a post dated eftCheque?
Currently Post Dated Cheque Feature is not available with the application.
5. How is the Transaction processed?
When you initiate the transaction and authorise the same with an OTP, a "Cheque code" will be generated. Post the creation of cheque code, 4 digit pass code will be generated which will be sent to your registered mobile number.
6. How will the Beneficiary receive the Funds?
The 4-digit pass code should be communicated by you to the beneficiary. The beneficiary should initiate the transaction with the help of the 4-digit pass code and through the URL provided in the SMS alert or by visiting www.icicibank.com eftCheques page. The beneficiary will also need to keep the Bank account number and the IFSC code ready. IFSC code is required only if the Beneficiary Bank account is other than ICICI Bank.
7. If beneficiary enters incorrect passcode?
Maximum attempt availabe is 3, after that eftCheques code will be cancelled automatically and amount will be credited back to the remitter account.
8. How do I do a stop payment of the eftCheque?
You can stop an eftCheque issued at any given time during the validity period, but before the encashment is done, by accessing the History page and selecting the transaction to be stopped. After selecting the transaction, click on the Stop Payment tab.
9. Is there an expiry of the Cheque code?
The cheque code will remain valid for 3 days, since its generation. Once the cheque code expires, the money will be auto credited to your account, within 24 working hours.
10. How do I deposit a Cheque?
To deposit a Cheque, please follow the below steps:
1. Select Account in which Cheque amount is to be deposited
2. Select Deposit Cheque from the Main Menu
3. Read the MICR band on the bottom of the cheque with MICR reader, Confirm the same.
4. In the following screen, Capture the Front and Back of the Cheque respectively, verify the details populated and enter amount and name of the issuer (Drawer) of the cheque.
5. Submit the cheque.
6. Deposit the physical cheque at your nearest ICICI Bank branch, within the specified time limit.
11. What is Cheque query?
You can view the physical cheque transaction status done through your account. It displays cheque issued by you, or cheques deposited by you in physical mode.
12. What is eftCheque history?
You can view the status / history of eftCheque issued through this mobile application.
13. I have registered for the App, but I am not able to make financial transaction. I get the not-error " Your mobile number is not registered. Please register your mobile number at any of the ICICI....."?
To enhance the security of your financial transaction, we have implemented a mandatory OTP (One Time Password) authentication for every financial transaction done through App. This OTP is sent to your registered mobile number. Hence if your mobile number is not registered with us, you will not be able to receive OTP . Please get your mobile number registered at any of ICICI ATM or Bank branch nearest to you.
14. I am not getting an OTP on my mobile number. Why?
Your mobile number may not be updated with us. Request you to visit any of our branch to register your updated mobile number. You will be able to receive OTP. If you are not getting OTP, even after updation of your mobile number, please contact our 24 hour Customer Care for assistance
- This application can only be used for your Savings Accounts currently.
- ICICI Bank will not be held responsible if the Account number is wrongly entered by the beneficiary.
- ICICI Bank is not liable to any interest to the customer, if the funds are lying with ICICI Bank till the same is accepted by the Beneficiary.
- If cheque code is not encashed by the beneficiary within the given time, the same will be expired.