Cardless Cash Withdrawal FAQs
What is a Cardless Cash Withdrawal transaction?
A Cardless Cash Withdrawal transaction enables the sender to transfer cash from your ICICI Bank account to anyone with a valid mobile number across India. The recipient can withdraw the amount from any specified ICICI Bank ATM without having to use a debit or a credit card. For the Cardless Cash Withdrawal enabled ATM list, click here.
How is it different from the existing funds transfer service of ICICI Bank?
The Cardless Cash Withdrawal service has an advantage over the existing fund transfer service, as it enables the user to transfer funds from his/her ICICI Bank account to any person with or without a bank account. It also empowers the recipient to withdraw the amount from any specified ICICI Bank ATM without using any debit or credit card. For the Cardless Cash Withdrawal enabled ATM list, click here.
What is the detailed process of using Cardless Cash Withdrawal through Internet Banking?
To get started with Cardless Cash Withdrawal, you need your Internet Banking User ID & password and be registered with ICICI Bank Mobile Banking Services.
Follow these easy steps to use Cardless Cash Withdrawal service:
Step 1. Request for Cardless Cash Withdrawal at www.icicibank.com
- Log in to www.icicibank.com with your Internet Banking user ID and password.
- Register a recipient
- Go to 'manage payee' section and select 'add Cardless Cash Withdrawal payee'
- Enter recipient's mobile number, name and address
- Confirm recipient's registration by entering Unique Registration Number (URN) received on your registered mobile number
- Create Cardless Cash Withdrawal transaction
- Go to 'Transfers' section and select 'Cardless Cash Withdrawal'
- Select an account to make a payment and select Cardless Cash Withdrawal recipient from the registered recipient list
- Enter transaction amount
- Authenticate transaction using your debit card grid
- Your selected account will get debited
Step 2. SMS from ICICI Bank
- You will receive a unique 4-digit code on your mobile from ICICI Bank
- Please share the 4-digit code with recipient.
- The recipient will also receive a sms with a unique 6-digit code on their mobile phone from ICICI Bank.
Step 3. Cash withdrawal from ICICI Bank ATM by Recipient
- You will receive a unique 4-digit code on your mobile from ICICI Bank. Please share the same with recipient.
- Recipient has to visit a specified ICICI Bank ATM and enter the following details:
- The recipient's mobile number
- The 4-digit code (as received by the sender)
- The 6-digit code (as received by the recipient)
- The amount to be withdrawn (in INR)
- Cash will be dispensed on successful authentication of all these four parameters. The entire amount needs to be withdrawn by the recipient as a one-time transaction.
If there is any mismatch in the details entered by the recipient, the Cardless Cash Withdrawal transaction will be blocked and the amount will be returned to the sender's account. For the Cardless Cash Withdrawal enabled ATM list, click here.
Is this a secure way of transferring funds?
Cardless Cash Withdrawal is a secure fund transfer service as it requires the following steps to conduct the transaction:
- The transactions can only be initiated using your Internet Banking user Id and password.
- A second-level authentication using debit grid card number to complete the transaction.
- The 4-digit code is sent to your mobile number which is registered with us for ICICI Bank Mobile Banking.
- The combination of Internet Banking and Mobile Banking channels (Alternative Channel Confirmation) makes this process completely secure.
- The maximum transaction limit on the per day amount that can be remitted by an ICICI Bank customer using the Cardless Cash Withdrawal facility is Rs. 25,000.
What is the process of cancellation of a Cardless Cash Withdrawal request?
You can cancel only an active Cardless Cash Withdrawal request.
You need to follow these steps to cancel a Cardless Cash Withdrawal request:
- Log in to ICICIBank.com and select 'Cardless Cash Withdrawal' under the 'Transfers' section.
- Select 'Check Status of Cardless Cash Withdrawal Request' click on View/Cancel.
- Select the active Cardless Cash Withdrawal request and select 'Cancel Transaction'.
- And confirm the cancellation request.
- The remittance amount will be credited to your account after successful execution of the 'Cancel Transaction' request.
Can withdrawal be done at any ATM?
To know the list of ATMs that are enabled for this service click here.
How long will the code and transaction be valid for?
The transaction and code will be valid until midnight, next day. In case the code is not used, the transaction amount will be reversed to the sender’s account, however the transaction charges will not be refunded.
For example, if the transaction is initiated on 9th January, 2014 at 3:00 pm, this will be valid for the next day i.e. 10th January, 2014 till 11:59 pm.