Lost Card Liability
Use your ICICI Bank Debit Card to shop in a store, online or anywhere, and you are protected from unauthorised use of your Debit Card. With our “Zero Liability feature”, card holders liability for unauthorised transactions is zero.
- How am I protected against fraudulent transactions on my Debit Card?
ICICI Bank protects it card holders from all fraudulent transactions on Debit Cards under the Lost Card liability feature. As per this feature the card holder liability is limited to zero for unauthorised transactions on receipt of notification from the card holder.
- What transactions are covered under the feature?
Only purchases at stores using the ICICI Bank Debit Card are covered under this feature. Transactions conducted at an ATM or online using the Debit Card are not covered under this feature, as both these transaction types require your PIN.
- From when will I be covered?
Effective August 1, 2011, for claims to be eligible under the Lost Card liability feature:
- Loss of card has to be reported within 15 days from the day of loss
- Mobile number should be updated, as ICICI Bank sends alert for every transactions
- There should be 1 purchase transaction in the account in last 90 days from the day the loss is reported
- How do I report unauthorised transactions?
All you need to do is call our 24-Hour Customer Care within 15 days to report loss or misuse and the balance in your account will be restored.
- What documents do I need to give to the bank for Zero Liability?
ICICI Bank will require the following documents
- Written application containing your ICICI Bank Debit Card Number, account number and the date of loss
- Copy of Police compliant or FIR
- Copy of Passport, in case the fraud happens outside India
Explore the power of simpler and smarter banking. Bank online with over 250 services
Bank on the go with our Mobile Banking services. Download app or use SMS
Pockets by ICICI Bank
VISA powered Universal payment wallet. Download today
Bank 24/7 through a widespread network of over 4,850 branches and 14,987 ATMs