- Look around and observe your surroundings - if the machine is poorly lit, or is in a hidden area, use another ATM.
- Have your card ready - avoid having to go through your wallet or purse to find your card.
- Make sure that anyone waiting to use the ATM after you cannot see you entering your PIN or transaction amount.
- Don't count your cash while standing at the ATM - put your cash, card, and receipt away immediately.
- Cancel your transaction and leave immediately if you see anything suspicious.
- If you are using an indoor ATM that requires your card to open the door, avoid letting anyone come in with you that you do not know.
- Do not leave your receipt behind - take it with you. Compare your ATM receipts with your monthly statement. It is the best way to guard against unauthorized use of your card, and it makes record keeping easier for you.
- If you've lost your Visa card or your ATM card, contact the financial institution that issued your card immediately.
Explore the power of simpler and smarter banking. Bank online with over 300+ services
Bank on the go with our Mobile Banking services. Download app or use SMS
Pockets by ICICI Bank
VISA powered Universal payment wallet. Download today
Bank 24/7 through a widespread network of over 5,275 branches and 15,170 ATMs