How to maintain credit score
If you manage credit responsibly, your scores will be maintained.
We have put together major factors that affect your credit score and what you can do about them -
- Use your Instant Credit Card regularly.
- Make payments on time. Late payments or defaults indicate that you are unable to manage the expense. If you have to make partial payments, try to pay back at least 50-75% of the outstanding.
- Stay within your credit limit. A high utilization of credit limit may indicate that your income is not sufficient to manage expenses.
- Apply for new credit in moderation – only as much as you need. Make an informed decision to apply for loans / cards at multiple lenders.
- Responsible use of credit cards indicate that you are financially secure and in control of your expenses. This may make lenders view future loan applications favorably.
How to track credit score
Your credit rating and scores are held in a report accessible through a credit agency or bureau. Banks and other financial institutions from whom you may have taken a card or loan report your credit behavior to these independent credit bureaus.
Your ICICI Bank Instant Credit Card scores will be reported to CIBIL or the Credit and Information Bureau of India Limited.
Make sure that you review your credit scores frequently by ordering your Credit Information Report or CIR from the credit bureau. Click here to order yours.
Let's begin by saying that understanding credit is very important.
You may have already taken credit or will need to, at some time – in the form of education, auto or home loans or credit cards.
Do you know, however, how lenders evaluate your loan or card applications? Or if your application will get approved?
Or do you simply need some help to manage your Credit Card account safely?
When you buy something today and pay for it later, you have just taken Credit.
Simply put, credit can help you get the things you want when you don't have enough cash.
Your credit card is a form of credit - a substitute for money in the form of a plastic card enabling you to buy now but pay later.
- You can use them to make purchases in millions of places, both in store or online.
- You can also use credit cards for balance transfers and taking out cash from an ATM.
- And if you need money for an emergency or unforeseen expenditure, you don't have to apply for loans at the eleventh hour – you already carry one in the form of a credit card.
Secured Credit Card
The ICICI Bank Instant Credit Card is a secured credit card, i.e it is issued against the security of a Fixed Deposit. It is an excellent choice to help you begin building a good credit score.
Your credit score is a number that indicates to lenders how "credit worthy" you are.
- It is calculated using records of how well you are repaying or have repaid any credit.
- Most lenders provide repayment information to credit reference agencies or credit bureaus (CIBIL in India) which calculate and maintain your credit score.
- This score is used for decisions on whether to lend further to you, without which, it is difficult for lenders to know whether you will repay your borrowing on time.
We have attempted to put together a series of easy-to-follow tutorials for your convenience Read them now or download as PDF to access later.
|Credit basics||Read more | Download PDF|
|Credit Dictionary||Read more | Download PDF|
|Using Credit responsibly||Read more | Download PDF|
|Keeping charges in check||Read more | Download PDF|
|Safeguarding your account||Read more | Download PDF|
|Easy payment options||Read more | Download PDF|
|Reading your credit card statement||Read more | Download PDF|
|How to Build Credit Score||Read more | Download PDF|
|How to maintain Credit Score||Read more | Download PDF|
|How to track credit score||Read more | Download PDF|
|Reading your Credit Information Report||Read more | Download PDF|
Not Sure About Which Credit Card ?
Choose the best Credit Card for you that suits your needs. ICICI Bank Credit Cards offer a host of benefits and offers to cater to your needs.
Recommended Cards For you
Coral Credit Card
Manchester United Signature Credit Card
MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Signature Credit Card
HPCL Credit Cards
What is the credit period for credit card?
Credit free period of 48 days depends on your statement date.
How often can I change my Credit Card limits?
There is no cap on the number of times the limit can be changed
What should I do if my Debit Card is not working?
If you are unable to transact on your credit card, you may call our Customer Care between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. from your registered mobile number. To know the local Customer Care numbers, please click here.