National Pension Scheme (NPS)
National Pension Scheme (NPS) is now available completely online through E-sign. With this facility, customers of the bank can register conveniently for NPS through Internet Banking. A first-of-its-kind service, it improves customer convenience significantly as it is completely paperless and no branch visit is needed.
Here is how it works:
- Login to Internet Banking: Login to Internet Banking and enroll for NPS in the ‘Service Requests’ section
- Confirm details & authenticate with Aadhaar OTP: Confirm the auto-populated account details like PAN, Aadhaar among others and update a few details like nominee, choice of fund manager and investment percentages. Thereafter, enter the Aadhaar OTP received on your mobile number and upload a scanned image of the signature
- SR generation: Upon submission of the online form, a SR is generated and the NPS account gets activated on the next working day. On activation of the NPS account, ‘Permanent Retirement Account Number’ (PRAN) is sent to you via SMS on the registered mobile number with ICICI Bank and NSDL.
You need to login to Internet Banking to make the contribution to NPS before the end of the following month. As a confirmation of contribution to the NPS account, you will get an e-mail as well as an SMS alert on your registered e-mail ID and mobile number. Thereafter, payment can be made to the NPS account any time of the year.
The process to make the payment is as below:
- Login to ICICIBank.com
- Click on Payments & Transfer > Manage Biller > Register Biller
- Enter NPS in the Biller name field and click on ‘Search’
- Click on ‘Register’, below the Available Biller Section
- Enter the PRAN received and DOB as available on ICICI Bank records & click on Next
- Preview the details filled and click on ‘Submit’
- The biller is successfully registered and the payment can be made after 3 working days
- To make the payment, click on Payments & Transfer> Bill Payments > Registered Billers
- Once the initial payment is made, subsequent payments can be made any time of the year.
Please do not make the payment before 3 working days or the same will be reversed to your Savings Account.
An annual statement for the NPS account will be issued by the Central Recordkeeping Agency (CRA). Customers can also view/ print statements by logging into the NPS app or the CRA website, https://cra-nsdl.com/CRA/.
Explore the power of simpler and smarter banking. Bank online with over 250 services
Bank on the go with our Mobile Banking services. Download app or use SMS
Pockets by ICICI Bank
VISA powered Universal payment wallet. Download today
Bank 24/7 through a widespread network of over 4,850 branches and 14,944 ATMs