Applicant(s) desiring to open a Relationship need(s) to sign a Relationship form and declare therein that he/she has agreed to abide by the rules which are in force from time to time.
Introduction is a pre-requisite for establishing a Relationship. A proof of identity has to be furnished as under :
Proof of Identity (attach copies -provide original for verification)
• College Identity Card (compulsory)
Proof of birth(attach copies -provide original for verification) – applicant should have completed 18 years of age at the time of opening of the account
• Birth certificate
• School leaving certificate
As per extant Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines, which are mandatory, photographs of applicant / Power of Attorney holders (i.e. who are authorised to operate the account(s) under the Relationship) should be furnished to the Bank.
As per extant Government of India (GOI) guidelines, PAN No. / Form 60/61 (where PAN No. is not available) is required to be furnished for opening a Relationship.
Each Relationship with a customer is representated by a Customer Identification No. (Cust. ID) which is for the present, branch specific. For e.g. a Relationship in single name is different from a Relationship in joint names. Each combination of Relationship is distinct and unique and hence is identified by a separate Cust-ID.
Nomination facility is available for Relationship in the names of individuals. Unless otherwise specifically, given in writing by depositor, nomination in deposit accounts will be at Cust.Id. level. Depositor however has the right to specify different nominations at account level by completing appropriate forms. Further, the applicant is at liberty to change the nominee, through declaration in the appropriate form to revise the nomination during the currency of the Relationship accounts with the Bank.
Terms & Conditions
I. Terms & Conditions for Establishing Relationship and Operating Accounts (For Resident students)
1. Establishing a Relationship
2. Operating Accounts
Relationship can be opened in the names of
An individual in his/her own name.
The Bank will be sending through courier or post from time to time to the mailing address furnished by the applicant, statements of account, balance confirmation certificate, cheque books, ATM cards, various PIN mailers and such other items. Hence, it is incumbant upon the applicant(s) to intimate change in mailing address, if any, immediately without any loss of time. The bank will not be responsible for any loss, damage or consequences for wrong delivery of the above items arising out of non-intimation of change in mailing address.
The customer identification number is common for all accounts opened in the same name and style, in addition to unique account number for each account. Customer identification number, once allotted, needs to be quoted while opening any further accounts in the same style. The Cust ID and account number is to be quoted in pay-in-slips/cheques issued by the account holder and in all correspondence. Account holders will be provided with yearly Statement of Account.
The account holder(s) is/are expected to examine the entries in the Savings account statement on receipt, and draw the attention of the Bank to any not-errors or omissions that might be discovered. The Bank does not accept any responsibility for any loss arising out of failure on the part of the account holder to carry out examination of entries in the statement and to point out such not-error and/or omission within one month from the date of the statement.
A minimum deposit is prescribed for opening any account under a relationship. A minimum average balance during a month is also required to be maintained in savings accounts. Failure to maintain the prescribed average minimum balance will attract service charges of Rs. 100 per month.
On the completion of current educational course customer shall intimate ICICI Bank of the same and also communicate his/her intention to continue the account, if eligible to do so, at the sole discretion of ICICI Bank. Further, he/she is aware that in the absence of any such communication about the completion of his/her current educational course and/or completion of 5 years from date of account activation and/or his/her attaining the age of 27 (Twenty-seven) years whichever is earlier, Bank reserves the right to freeze the account for all banking transactions. Upon submission of relevant KYC documents, account will be unfreezed and converted to a normal savings account and Terms and Conditions applicable to ICICI Bank Savings accounts shall apply henceforth.
3. Cheque Book
Cheque books will be couriered directly to the mailing address given by the applicant provided all formalities are completed. Subsequent cheque books can be requisitioned through ATM, Infinity, Phone Banking (wherever available) or through the requisition leaf available in the cheque book subject to satisfactory conduct of the account. Cheque books are issued free of cost, however, Bank reserves the right to recover the cost of the cheque book requisitioned through any or all channels.
Alterations, if any, on cheques are required to be authenticated by the drawer’s signature against each such alteration. The Bank reserves the right to refuse payment of cheques that have been altered in any way unless the alteration is authenticated by the drawer under full signature as per specimen on record with the Bank. Cheques should be drawn in such a way as to prevent alteration after issue and the drawer’s signature should be uniform with that on record.
The Bank records instructions from the drawer regarding cheques lost, stolen, etc., but cannot guarantee against loss in the event of such a cheque being paid. Service charge is recovered for handling such countermanding instructions.
4. Conduct of Account
When a customer wants his/her Cust ID at one branch to be transferred to another branch, he/she has to give his/her request in writing along with his/her ATM card, unused cheque books. The bank will close the Cust ID and arrange to open a new Cust ID at the other branch and will issue new cheque book, new ATM card, etc. This service is free of charge.
Transactions will not be entertained at the branch.
If a cheque issued by a customer is required to be returned for insufficient balance in the account or for being in excess of arrangements, a penalty/charge is levied. Similarly, if any cheque deposited by the customer is returned unpaid, service charge is recovered.
No overdrawing is permissible in accounts without prior arrangement with the Bank.
Standing instructions are accepted free of charge for transferring funds from Savings account to Fixed deposit or Recurring deposit accounts. Other standing instructions are subject to service charges.
5. Collection facility
Cheques, drafts, bills, dividend / interest warrants and other instruments issued in favour of customers are accepted for collection on account holders’ behalf. Collection of outstation instruments entails collection charges. The Bank does not accept any responsibility for loss, delay, mutilation or interception of the instruments in postal or courier transit. The Bank does not accept or share any responsibility for realisation of such instruments or for the genuineness, validity or correctness of the signatures or endorsements thereon. Drawals against such instruments are permissible only on realisation by the Bank. Any provisional credit allowed at the discretion of the Bank for an instrument under collection, is recoverable with interest if the instrument is returned unpaid.
The Bank has the authority to debit the accounts to recover any amount credited erroneously.
Local cheques, etc., may be tendered for collection sufficiently early in the day as required vis-a-vis the local clearing house timings. Drawals against clearing cheques will be normally permitted only against cleared balances as per clearing house rules. Drawals against uncleared clearing credits allowed at the discretion of the bank are recoverable with interest if the instruments are returned unpaid.
6. Closure of Account
The Bank reserves the right to close Relationship or account(s), which according to the Bank, is/are not conducted satisfactorily, after due notice to the customers without assigning any reasons thereof.
Service charges would be as levied per Bank's rules from time to time.
The Bank reserves to itself the right to alter, delete or add any of these rules at any time without prior intimation to individual customers or to refuse to open an account or to close any account.
II. Savings Account Rules
I. SAVINGS ACCOUNT RULES
Savings account cannot be opened for business purposes.
Number of withdrawals (other than through ATMs) in Savings account is restricted to 150 per annum.
2. Statement of Account
Depositors are advised to keep the cheque books / statement of accounts in a place of safety to ensure against misuse, contributing to negligence.
Duplicate statements are issued at the request of the customer for a fee. Ordinarily, duplicate statements are issued only for a period not exceeding 36 months prior to date of request.
3. Payment of Interest
Interest is calculated on a daily basis on the daily closing balance in the Account at the rate in force in accordance with Reserve Bank of India directives. The interest amount calculated is rounded off to the nearest rupee. Interest is paid every half year in September and March.
III. FIXED DEPOSITS
1. Date of Fixed Deposit
The effective date of Fixed Deposit shall be the date on which the bank gets funds to its account. No Fixed Deposit Receipt is issued in anticipation of realisation of the cheque.
2. Auto Renewal
Fixed deposits are accepted with auto-renewal facility at periodicity as opted by the depositor.
3. Fixed Deposit Receipt / Memorandum of Deposit
Fixed Deposit Receipt or Memorandum of Deposit will be issued to account holder as may be decided by the Bank from time to time for customer convenience.
4. Tax Deducted at Source
Tax at source is deducted as applicable from the interest on fixed deposit, as per Income Tax Act, 1961.
5. Payment of Interest on Fixed Deposit
Interest on fixed deposits is reckoned/paid at quarterly intervals, at the rates applicable at the time of acceptance as the case may be, in accordance with RBI directives.
6. Premature closure of Fixed Deposits....
In the event of the Fixed Deposit being closed before completing the original term of deposit, interest will be paid at the rate applicable on the date of deposit for the period for which the deposit has remained with the Bank. The deposit may be subject to penal rate of interest as prescribed by the Bank on the date of deposit
IV. TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE ISSUE AND USE OF ICICI BANK ATM CARDS.
Meaning of certain terms : The term "Bank" refers to "ICICI Bank Ltd." "ATM" refers to the Automated Teller Machines installed by the Bank "Card holder" refers to an account who has been issued an ICICI Bank ATM Card.
- ICICI Bank ATM Card Issuance : An account holder may be issued an ICICI Bank ATM Card by the bank at its discretion, if he/she has satisfactorily conducted savings account and/or any other type of account so designated by the Bank to be eligible account for operations through the use ICICI Bank ATM Card. The account holder shall give his/her preference of such account held by him in writing in the Relationship form for issue of ICICI Bank ATM Card.
- There may be more than one such account in which case one account shall be designated as " Primary Account", and the others as "Secondary Account 1" and " Secondary Account 2" at the option of the Cardholder.
- ICICI Bank ATM Card : ICICI Bank ATM Card shall be issued to an approved account holder in respect of his account to enable him to operate the ATM.
4. ATM-Facilities: The facilities offered under ATM facility will include withdrawal of cash by the Cardholder from his account up to a stipulated amount limit only during a cycle of 24 hours deposit of cash and cheques in the account inquiry about the balance in the account(s), cash/cheque deposits requisition for a statement of account, request for changed PIN number, request for issue of cheque-books, request for transfer of amount from the Primary Account to the Secondary Account(s) or vice-versa and such other facilities as the Bank may decide to provide, from time to time.
5. Minimum Balance in Primary Account : The Cardholder shall maintain, at all times, such minimum balance in his account, as the Bank may decide from time to time and the Bank may at its discretion levy such penal or service charges as per the Bank's rules from time to time, or withdraw the ATM facility, if at any time the amount of deposit falls short of the required minimum as aforesaid, without giving any further notice to the Cardholder(s) and/or without incurring any liability or responsibility whatsoever by reason of such withdrawal.
6. Fees: Currently, the ATM card is issued free of cost to customers. Also no charges are levied for transactions made through the ATM. However, the Bank reserves the right to charge fees for the ATM facilities in future with prior intimation to customers.
7. Bank's Lien : The Bank shall have the right of set-off and lien, irrespective of any other lien or charge, present as well as future on the deposits held in the Cardholder's Primary Account and/or, Secondary Account(s) or in any other account, whether in single name or joint name(s), to the extent of all outstanding dues, whatsoever, arising as a result of the ICICI Bank ATM card services extended to and / or used by the Cardholder.
8. Non-Transferability : ICICI Bank ATM card is not transferable under any circumstance and shall be used only by the Cardholder.
9. Personal Identification Number : Each Cardholder will be issued a sealed envelope containing a four digit number called Personal Identification number (PIN) to gain access to the ATM services. This number can be changed to any other convenient four digit number by the cardholder, at the ATM. The PIN shall under no circumstances be revealed to any third party. The Cardholder shall be solely responsible for the consequences arising out of the disclosure of his PIN and/or unauthorised use of ICICI Bank ATM card and shall be liable for any increased liability which he may incur on account of unauthorised use of the PIN and ICICI Bank ATM card.
If the Cardholder forgets the PIN, he/she should make an application in writing for a fresh PIN. The selection of a new Personal Identification Number and/or the replacement of ICICI Bank ATM card shall not be construed as the commencement of a new contract.
10. Funds in the accounts: The Cardholder should not use or attempt to use ICICI Bank ATM card without sufficient funds in the account he wants to operate through the card.
11. Loss/ Theft of Cards : The Cardholder shall be responsible for the safe custody of ICICI Bank ATM card. In case of loss or theft of the ICICI Bank ATM card, the Cardholder shall advise any of our branches, preferably the ICICI Bank ATM card issuing branch as promptly as posrther use of the DIRECT ACCESS service by the USER. 24.
ICICI BANK’S LIEN : The ICICI Bank shall have the right of set-off ars effected by the use of ICICI Bank ATM card, as per the Bank's records.
13. Deposits : The amount of cash/cheque deposits shall be verified by two members of the Bank's staff, one of whom will be an officer. The amount verified by the Bank shall be deemed to be correct amount deposited by the Cardholder. The statement issued by the ATM at the time of deposit only represents what the Cardholder purports to have deposited and will not be binding on the Bank. If there are soiled, mutilated notes in such deposits, the acceptance of such deposits shall be subject to final acceptance and reimbursement by RBI as per the Note Refund Rules. Cheques will be accepted for collection only and the proceeds will not be available until they have been cleared. Deposits of foreign currency cash/cheques /soiled and mutilated notes or any other deposits which are unacceptable, shall be returned, at the Cardholders cost, risk and responsibility.
14. Responsibility for all transactions processed through the ATMs : Operations through the ATM facility on the Cardholders account(s) can only be through the use of ICICI Bank ATM card on the machine. The Cardholder shall in all circumstances, accept full responsibility for all transactions processed by the use of his/ her ICICI Bank ATM card, whether or not processed with the Cardholder's knowledge or authority, express or implied. The printed output that is produced at the time of operation of the ATMs are a record of the operation of the ATMs and shall not be construed as the Bank's records. The Bank's records of transactions shall be accepted as conclusive and binding for all purpose.
15. Closure of account(s) : If the Cardholder desires to close his account(s) or withdraw any ICICI Bank ATM card linked deposit, or even otherwise decides to terminate the use of the ICICI Bank ATM card facility, he shall give a written notice of at least two days and surrender ICICI Bank ATM card to the Bank. The Cardholder shall also pay dues, if any, payable to the Bank in connection with the ATM facility.
16. Change of terms and conditions : The Bank has the absolute discretion to withdraw ICICI Bank ATM card, the service thereby provided, or amend or supplement any of the above terms and conditions at any time without prior notice to the Cardholder.
17. Honouring the Card : The Bank shall in no circumstances be held liable to the Cardholder if ICICI Bank ATM card is not honoured in the desired manner for whatsoever reason, or if the ATM is destroyed or not functioning due to power failure, temporary insufficiency of cash in the ATM or any other reason. The Bank will not be liable for any consequential or indirect loss or damage arising therefrom.
18. Ownership of ICICI Bank ATM card: ICICI Bank ATM card shall be the property of the Bank and will be surrendered to the Bank on request or in the event of the Cardholder no longer requiring the service. The Bank reserves the right to disclose, in strict confidence, to other institutions, such information concerning the Cardholder's account as may be necessary or appropriate in connection with its participation in any ATM or Electronic Fund Transfer Network.
V. TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING THE INTERNET BANKING SERVICE OF ICICI BANK
- Definitions : In this document the following words and phrases shall have the meanings as set below unless the context indicates otherwise:
"ACCOUNT(S)" refers to the User's bank account and/ or credit card account and/ or home loan account and/ or automobile loan account and/ or consumer durable loan account and/ or any other type of account (each an "Account" and collectively "Accounts", so maintained with ICICI Bank or any Affiliate which are eligible Account(s) for operations through the use of Internet Banking. One of these Accounts will be designated as the Primary Account and all other Accounts (if any) of the User referred to as Secondary Account(s).
"AFFILIATE" of ICICI Bank shall mean and include any company which is the holding company or subsidiary of ICICI Bank, or any person under the control of or under common control with ICICI Bank. For the purpose of this definition of Affiliate, "control" together with grammatical variations when used with respect to any Person, means the power to direct the management and policies of such Person, directly or indirectly, whether through the ownership of the vote carrying securities, by contract or otherwise howsoever; and "Person" means a company, corporation, a partnership, trust or any other entity or organisation or other body whatsoever;
"ICICI BANK" refers to ICICI Bank Limited, a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 and licensed as a bank under the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 and having its registered office at Landmark, Race Course Circle, Vadodara 390 007 and corporate office at ICICI Bank Towers, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai 400 051.
"INTERNET BANKING" refers to the internet banking service offered by ICICI Bank which provides to the User services such as enquiry about balance in his Account, details about transactions in the Account(s), statement of Account, transfer of funds and other services as ICICI Bank may decide to provide from time to time. The availability/non-availability of a particular service shall be advised through email, web page of ICICI Bank or written communication.
"PERSONAL INFORMATION" refers to the information provided by the User to ICICI Bank.
"TERMS" refer to terms and conditions herein for use of Internet Banking.
"USER" refers to a customer of ICICI Bank and the Affiliates authorised to use Internet Banking. In case of the User being a minor, the guardian of such minor shall be permitted to use Internet Banking. In this document all references to the User being referred in masculine gender shall be deemed to include the feminine gender.
- Applicability of TERMS : These Terms form the contract between the User and ICICI Bank for Internet Banking. The User shall apply to ICICI Bank in the prescribed form for use of Internet Banking. ICICI Bank shall be entitled at its sole discretion to accept or reject such applications. By applying for Internet Banking for the first time, the User acknowledges and accepts these Terms. Notwithstanding anything contained herein, all terms and conditions stipulated by the Affiliates pertaining to the Accounts shall continue to apply.
- Internet Banking Service : For the purpose of availing Internet Banking, the User would need to be a current Internet user or have legal access to the Internet. ICICI Bank will advise from time to time the Internet software such as browsers which are required for using Internet Banking. There will be no obligation on ICICI Bank to support all the versions of these Internet software.
- Unauthorised Access : The User shall take all necessary precautions to prevent unauthorized and illegal use of Internet Banking and unauthorized access to the Accounts provided by Internet Banking.
- Internet Banking Access : The User would be allotted an Internet Banking User-id and a set of secret passwords by ICICI Bank in the first instance. The User will be required to change the password assigned by ICICI Bank on accessing Internet Banking for the first time. As a safety measure, the User shall change the password as frequently thereafter as possible. In addition to User-id and password ICICI Bank may, at its discretion, advise the User to adopt such other means of authentication including but not limited to digital certification and/ or smart cards. The User shall not attempt or permit others to attempt accessing the Account information stored in the computers of ICICI Bank through any means other than the Internet Banking.
- Internet Banking Password : The User unconditionally undertakes to have Internet Banking password of such number of letters/digits as may be notified by ICICI Bank from time to time and ensure that the same is kept confidential; and to not let any unauthorised person have access to the internet while the User is accessing the Internet Banking. If the User forgets the Internet Banking password, the User may request for the issue of a new password by sending a written request to ICICI Bank and this shall not be construed as the commencement of a new contract. The User agrees and acknowledges that ICICI Bank shall in no way be held responsible or liable if the User incurs any loss as a result of information being disclosed by ICICI Bank regarding his Account(s) or carrying the instruction of the User pursuant to the access of the Internet Banking and the User shall fully indemnify and hold harmless ICICI Bank and the Affiliates in respect of the same. The User shall maintain the secrecy of all information of confidential nature and shall ensure that the same is not disclosed to any person voluntarily, accidentally or by mistake.
- Joint Accounts : In case of Joint Accounts, financial transactions through the Internet Banking, will be available if the mode of operation is indicated as 'either or survivor' or 'anyone or survivor'. The User desirous of using the Internet Banking should either be the Account holder and sole signatory or authorised to act independently in case of a joint account. For such joint accounts, one User-ID and password for Internet Banking will be issued to each of the joint account holders when requested. The other joint account holders shall expressly agree with the arrangement and give their consent on the application form for use of Internet Banking. In case of joint accounts operated by more than one User, ICICI Bank shall act on the instruction received first and any subsequent instruction shall be neglected. All correspondence will be addressed to the first named person only. All transactions arising from the use of Internet Banking in the joint account shall be binding on all the joint account holders, jointly and severally.
- Charges : ICICI Bank reserves the right to charge and recover from the User service charge for providing the Internet Banking. The User hereby authorises ICICI Bank to recover the service charge by debiting one of the Accounts of the User or by sending a bill to the User who will be liable to make the payment within the specified period. Failure to do so shall result in recovery of the service charge by ICICI Bank in a manner as ICICI Bank may deem fit along with such interest, if any, and/or withdrawal of the Internet Banking without any liability to ICICI Bank.
- Maintenance Of Sufficient Balance : The User shall ensure that there are sufficient funds (or prearranged credit facilities) in the Account for operations through the Internet Banking, and ICICI Bank shall not be liable for any consequences arising out of its failure to carry out the instructions due to inadequacy of funds and/or credit facilities provided always that ICICI Bank shall at its sole discretion, be entitled to carry out the instructions notwithstanding such inadequacy without seeking the prior approval from or notice to the User and the User shall be responsible to repay with interest the resulting overdraft, advance or credit thereby created and for all related to costs and charges.
- Funds Transfer Through Internet Banking : The User shall not use or attempt to use the Internet Banking for funds transfer without sufficient funds in the relative Account or without a pre-existing arrangement with ICICI Bank for the grant of an overdraft. ICICI Bank will endeavour to effect funds transfer transaction received through Internet Banking subject to availability of sufficient funds in the Account. ICICI Bank shall specify from time to time the limit for carrying out various kinds of funds transfer or any other services through Internet Banking. The said facility will be provided in accordance with the arrangement between ICICI Bank and the Affiliates and as per conditions specified by ICICI Bank from time to time. ICICI Bank shall not be liable for any omission to make all or any of the payments or for late payments due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- Authority to ICICI Bank for Internet Banking : The User irrevocably and unconditionally authorises ICICI Bank to access all his Account(s) for effecting banking or other transactions performed by the User through the Internet Banking. The instructions of the User shall be effected only after authentication of the User in accordance with the prescribed procedure Clause 6 for Internet Banking. ICICI Bank shall have no obligation to verify the authenticity of any transaction received from the User other than by these means of verification. The read-out, the faxed /email output or the printed output, if any, that is received by the User at the time of operation of the Internet Banking is a record of the operation of the computer by the User and shall be accepted as conclusive and binding for all purpose. All the records of ICICI Bank generated by the transactions arising out of the use of the Internet Banking, including the time the transaction recorded shall be conclusive proof of the genuineness and accuracy of the transaction. While ICICI Bank and the Affiliates shall endeavour to carry out the instructions promptly, they shall not be responsible for any delay in carrying on the instructions due to any reason whatsoever, including due to failure of operational systems or any requirement of law.
All the transactions arising through the use of the Internet Banking to operate a joint account shall be binding on all the joint account holders, jointly and severally.
- Instructions : All instructions for operating the Internet Banking shall be given through computer by the User in the manner indicated by ICICI Bank. The User is also responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of the instructions provided to ICICI Bank and/or Affiliates and the same shall be considered to be sufficient to operate the Internet Banking. ICICI Bank shall not be required to independently verify the instructions, an instruction is effective unless countermanded by further instructions. ICICI Bank shall have no liability if it does not or is unable to stop or prevent the implementation of the initial instruction. Where ICICI Bank considers the instructions to be inconsistent or contradictory it may seek clarification from the User before acting on any instruction of the User or act upon any such instruction as it deems fit. ICICI Bank state that they have no liability or obligation to keep a record of the instructions to provide information to the User or for verifying User's instructions. ICICI Bank may refuse to comply with the instructions without assigning any reason and shall not be under any duty to assess the prudence or otherwise of any instruction and have the right to suspend the operations through the Internet Banking if it has reason to believe that the User's instructions will lead or expose to direct or indirect loss or may require an indemnity from the User before continuing to operate the Internet Banking.
- Accuracy of Information : The User is responsible for the correctness of information supplied to ICICI Bank for use of the Internet Banking. ICICI Bank accepts no liability for the consequences arising out of erroneous information supplied by the User. If the User notices an not-error in the information supplied to ICICI Bank either in the application form or any other communication, he shall immediately advise ICICI Bank which will endeavour to correct the not-error wherever possible on a "reasonable efforts" basis.
- Liability of the User and ICICI Bank : Neither ICICI Bank nor the Affiliates shall be liable for any unauthorised transactions occurring through the Internet Banking and the User hereby fully indemnifies and holds ICICI Bank and the Affiliates harmless against any action, suit, proceeding initiated against it or any loss, cost or damage incurred by it as a result thereof. ICICI Bank shall under no circumstance be held liable to the User if the Internet Banking is not available in the desired manner for reasons including but not limited to natural calamities, legal restraints, faults in the telecommunication network or network failure, or any other reason beyond the control of ICICI Bank. Under no circumstances shall ICICI Bank be liable for any damages whatsoever whether such damages are direct, indirect, incidental consequential and irrespective of whether any claim is based on loss of revenue, interruption of business or any loss of any character or nature whatsoever and whether sustained by the User or by any other person. Illegal or improper use of the Internet Banking shall render the User liable for payment of financial charges as decided by ICICI Bank or will result in suspension of the operations through the Internet Banking.
- Indemnity : In consideration of ICICI Bank providing the User the Internet Banking, the User shall indemnify and hold ICICI Bank and/or the Affiliates, as the case may be, including both their officers, employees and agents, indemnified against all losses and expenses on full indemnity basis which ICICI Bank may incur, sustain, suffer or is likely to suffer in connection with ICICI Bank or Affiliates' execution of the User's instructions and against all actions, claims, demands, proceedings, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses as a consequence or by reason of providing a service through Internet Banking for any action taken or omitted to be taken by ICICI Bank and /or the Affiliates, its officers, employees or agents, on the instructions of the User. The User will pay ICICI Bank and /or the Affiliates such amount as may be determined to be sufficient to indemnify it against any such, loss or expenses even though they may not have arisen or are contingent in nature.
- Disclosure of Information : The User agrees that ICICI Bank and/or Affiliates or their contractors may hold and process his Personal Information and all other information concerning his Account(s) on computer or otherwise in connection with the Internet Banking as well as for analysis, credit scoring and marketing. The User also agrees that ICICI Bank may disclose, in strict confidence, to other institutions, such Personal Information as may be reasonably necessary for reasons inclusive of but not limited to participation in any telecommunication or electronic clearing network, in compliance with a legal directive, for credit rating by recognised credit scoring agencies, for fraud prevention purposes.
- Change of Terms : ICICI Bank shall have the absolute discretion to amend or supplement any of the Terms at any time and will endeavour to give prior notice of fifteen days for such changes wherever feasible. Such change to the Terms shall be communicated to the User. By using any new services as may be introduced by ICICI Bank, the User shall be deemed to have accepted the changed Terms.
- Non-Transferability : The grant of Internet Banking to a User is not transferable under any circumstance and shall be used only by the User.
- Termination of Internet Banking : The User may request for termination of the Internet Banking any time by giving a written notice of at least 15 days to ICICI Bank. The termination shall take effect on the completion of the fifteenth day. The User will remain responsible for any transactions made through the Internet Banking until the time of such termination. ICICI Bank may withdraw or terminate the Internet Banking anytime either entirely or with reference to a specific service or User; or in case of breach of Terms by the User without a prior notice; or if it learns of the death, bankruptcy or lack of legal capacity of the User. Clause 13 & 16 shall survive the termination of the Internet Banking for any reason whatsoever.
- Notices : Notices under these Terms may be given by ICICI Bank and the User in writing by delivering them by hand or by sending them by post to the last address given by the User and in the case of ICICI Bank to its corporate office address as set out hereinabove. In addition, ICICI Bank may also publish notices of general nature, which are applicable to all Users in a newspaper or on its web site located at www.icicibank.com. Such notices will have the same effect as a notice served individually to each User. Notice and instructions will be deemed served 7 days after posting or upon receipt in the case of hand delivery, cable, telex or facsimile.
- Governing Law : These Terms and/or the operations in the Accounts of the User shall be governed by the laws of India. The Parties hereby agree that any legal action or proceedings arising out of the Terms for Internet Banking shall be brought in the courts or tribunals at Mumbai in India and irrevocably submit themselves to the jurisdiction of such courts and tribunals. ICICI Bank may, however, in its absolute discretion, commence any legal action or proceedings arising out of the Terms for Internet Banking in any other court, tribunal or other appropriate forum, and the User hereby consents to that jurisdiction. Any provision of the Terms for Internet Banking which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of prohibition or unenforceability but shall not invalidate the remaining provisions of the Terms or affect such provision in any other jurisdiction.
- Applicability To Future Accounts : ICICI Bank and the User agree that if the User opens further Accounts with/subscribes to any of the products/services of ICICI Bank or any of the Affiliates, and ICICI Bank extends the Internet Banking to such Accounts or products or services and the User opts for use thereof, then the Terms shall automatically apply to such further use of the Internet Banking by the User.
- General : The clause headings herein are for only for convenience and do not affect the meaning of the relative clause. ICICI Bank may sub-contract and employ agents to carry out any of its obligations under this contract. Internet Banking service would be available to the Users in certain cities only and during timings specified by ICICI Bank from time to time and transactions would be carried out on the same day or on the next working day depending upon the time of logging of the transaction. The User would have to ensure that the telephone he uses meets the criteria. All costs incurred by the User including telecommunication costs to use the Internet Banking would be borne by the User.
- Assignment : ICICI Bank shall be entitled to sell, assign, securitise or transfer ICICI Bank's right and obligations under the Terms and any security in favour of ICICI Bank (including all guarantee/s) to any person of ICICI Bank's choice in whole or in part and in such manner and on such terms and conditions as ICICI Bank may decide. Any such sale, assignment, securitisation or transfer shall conclusively bind the User and all other persons. The User, his heirs, legal representatives, executors, administrators and successors are bound by the Terms. However, the User shall not be entitled to transfer or assign any of his rights and obligations hereunder.
- Right of set-off and Lien : ICICI Bank shall have the right of set-off and lien, irrespective of any other lien or charge, present as well as future, on the deposits held in the Account(s) or in any other account, whether in single name or joint name(s), to the extent of all outstanding dues, whatsoever, arising as a result of the Internet Banking extended to and/ or used by the User.
- Proprietary Rights : The User acknowledges that the software underlying the Internet Banking as well as other Internet related software which are required for accessing Internet Banking are the legal property of the respective vendors. The permission given by ICICI Bank to access Internet Banking will not convey any proprietary or ownership rights in such software. The User shall not attempt to modify, translate, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the software underlying Internet Banking or create any derivative product based on the software.
VI. RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR VALUE ADDED SAVINGS ACCOUNT DEPOSIT SCHEME
- Value Added Savings Account is a deposit scheme where Value Added Savings Account-Fixed Deposits held in account holders(s) names(s) are linked to the running operative account standing in his/her name.
- The scheme is applicable to resident as well as non resident deposits.
- Under the scheme, linking between savings account and fixed deposits will be only when the name/order of names and the mandate for account operation [operational instructions] between the linked accounts are identical.
- Normal savings account transactions can be carried out in the linked Savings bank accounts.
- The account holder(s) has/have to maintain a minimum average balance of Rs. 5000/- in the linked Maxi Cash-Savings Accounts.
- Charges would be levied for non-maintenance of minimum balance as per Bank's rules from time to time.
- The Scheme provides for Auto Sweep and Reverse Sweep facilities. "Auto Sweep" is a facility whereby the Bank automatically transfers any amount above a certain minimum balance in the account holder(s)’ Maxi Cash-Savings Account to his/her/their Value Added Savings Account-Fixed Deposits. "Reverse Sweep" is a facility where the Bank automatically breaks the linked fixed deposits in units of Rs.1000/- to meet the shortfall /arising on account of cheques issued, ATM withdrawals, etc. in the linked Maxi Cash-Savings Account. ‘Auto Renewal’ facility is compulsory under the scheme.
- The bank will transfer, under the Auto Sweep facility, a sum of Rs.5000/- or multiples thereof OR any other sum stipulated by the account holder(s) (whichever is higher) from the Maxi Cash-Savings Account above the minimum balance stipulated by account holder(s) or Rs. 5000/- [whichever is higher] to a Value Added Savings Account-Fixed Deposits Account.
- The period of such deposits opened under the Auto Sweep facility will be 1 year or any other period stipulated by the account holder(s) [whichever is higher]
- Such deposits will carry rates of interest revised by the Bank from time to time and as per the RBI guidelines.
- Deposits falling due will be renewed from time to time for further periods of 1 year or any other period stipulated by the account holder(s) [whichever is higher] under the Auto Renewal scheme. The interest payable on such deposits will be at the rate applicable on such deposits of the Bank, for the respective period, prevailing as on the date of such renewal.,
- The Bank will renew the deposit with interest subject to Tax Deduction at Source (TDS). where applicable (for deposits under Traditional and Reinvestment Plans), unless instructions to the contrary are received from the account holder(s).
- The Bank is authorised to link all fixed deposits made by the Bank under the Auto Sweep or Auto Renewal facility automatically to the operative account under the Value Added Savings Account Scheme. If the account holder(s) desire(s) to link any deposit opened by any other means, separate instructions to that effect need to be given.
- The Bank will keep in safe custody, free of charge, the fixed deposits opened/renewed under the scheme from time to time.
- No overdraft/loan will be provided against the security of fixed deposits made under the Value Added Savings Account Scheme.
- The fixed deposits under the scheme are in units of Rs.1000/- each.
- In case the account holder(s) issues(s) cheques on the linked savings account, or draw(s) from the ATM or the Bank passes debits in the normal course for recovering dues from the account holder(s), under the ‘Reverse Sweep’ facility the Bank is authorised to:
honour these cheques/debit/ATM withdrawals even if there is a shortfall, provided the shortfall is not more than the aggregate deposits that the account holder(s) may have with the Bank under this scheme.
Prematurely or otherwise encash the deposit in units of Rs. 1000/- and multiples thereof to meet the shortfall. If the account holder(s) has/have more than one deposit under the scheme, the last deposit made under the scheme will be used first (LIFO) to meet the shortfall and if this is not adequate, the deposit made prior to the last deposit will be used and so on and so forth, until the shortfall is fully met.
- The term deposit linked under Value Added Savings Account will be under unconditional lien to the Bank and the Bank will have a right of set off against the dues payable to the Bank. For this purpose, the bank is within its rights to close the deposit(s) prematurely by applying penal rate of interest. Bank’s lien will have priority over any obligation to pay a cheque drawn on the linked savings account.
- The account holder(s) should advise the Bank in writing of any change in residential status.
- The above mentioned terms and conditioned are subject to change/modification without prior notice.
VII. TERMS & CONDITIONS GOVERNING THE USE OF THE MOBILE BANKING SERVICE PROVIDED BY ICICI BANK LIMITED
1. Definitions : In this document the following words and phrases have the meaning set below unless the context indicates otherwise:
"Accounts" shall mean the Customer's bank accounts and / or Credit Card Account and /or any other type of account so maintained with any Affiliate for which the Facility is offered (each an "Account" and collectively "Accounts");
"Affiliates" shall mean and include:
(a) any company which is the holding company or subsidiary of ICICI Bank, or
(b) a person under the control of or under common control with ICICI Bank, or
(c) any person, in which ICICI Bank has a direct or beneficial interest or control in more than 26% of the voting securities of such person
For the purpose of this definition of Affiliate and Agreement, "control" together with grammatical variations when used with respect to any Person, means the power to direct the management and policies of such Person, directly or indirectly, whether through the ownership of the vote carrying securities, by contract or otherwise howsoever; and "Person" means a company, corporation, a partnership, trust or any other entity or organisation or other body whatsoever.
"Customer" shall mean a Customer of ICICI Bank or of an Affiliate.
"ICICI Bank" shall mean ICICI Bank Limited, a banking company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956 and licensed as a bank under ICICI Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
"Mobile Banking" or "the Facility" shall mean the ICICI Bank 's mobile banking facility which provides the Customer services such as information relating to Account(s) of the Customer, details about transactions and such other services as may be provided on the Customer's mobile telephone account by ICICI Bank from time to time.
"Mobile Phone Number" shall mean the number provided by the Customer on the website or through the call centre as being the number through which the Customer shall avail the Facility.
"Personal Information" shall mean the information about the Customer obtained in connection with the Facility.
"Website" refers to www.icicibank.com or any other website as may be notified by ICICI Bank from time to time.
In this document all reference to Customer in masculine gender shall be deemed to include the feminine gender.
2. Applicability of Terms and Conditions
The Customer shall apply to ICICI Bank for use of the Facility (and/or for any changes to the options available under the Facility) by use of ICICI Bank Phone Banking or ICICI Bank Internet Banking services or in the prescribed form for use of the Facility. ICICI Bank shall be entitled at its sole discretion to accept or reject the application.
Application for the Facility made by use of ICICI Bank Phone Banking or ICICI Bank Internet Banking services shall be accepted only after authentication of the Customer by means of verification of TPIN/ password allotted by ICICI Bank to the Customer or through any other mode of verification as may be stipulated in the terms governing ICICI Bank Phone Banking or ICICI Bank Internet Banking, or in the absence of any terms, at the discretion of ICICI Bank.
The Facility shall be activated after a minimum of 2 working days from the date of receipt of the application on the Website or at the call centre. In case of application submitted on the printed format, the Facility shall be activated after a minimum of 7 working days from the date of receipt of the application at Operations cell, Mumbai.
These terms and conditions together with the application made by the Customer and as accepted by ICICI Bank shall form the contract between the Customer and ICICI Bank, and shall be further subject to such terms as ICICI Bank may agree with any other third party providing such services to ICICI Bank which shall facilitate providing of the Facility by ICICI Bank to the Customer. These terms and conditions shall be in addition to and not in derogation of the terms and conditions governing ICICI Bank Phone Banking, ICICI Bank Internet Banking and relating to any Account of the Customer and /or any other product/services provided by ICICI Bank and its Affiliates.
The Facility shall be in addition to services as currently provided via ICICI Bank Phone Banking and ICICI Bank Internet Banking.
3. Authorised Customer
The Customer desirous of using the Facility should both be the account holder and sole signatory or be authorised to act independently. In case of joint accounts, the instructions of the primary account holder authorising the Customer to use the Facility would be required. All or any transactions arising from the use of the Facility in the joint account shall be binding on all the joint account holders, jointly and severally. An account in the name of the minor, in which a minor is a joint account holder or any account where the mode of operation is joint, is not eligible for the Facility.
4. Availability & Disclosure
ICICI Bank shall endeavor to provide to the Customer through the Facility, such services as ICICI Bank may decide from time to time. ICICI Bank reserves the right to decide what services may be offered to a Customer on each Account and such offers may differ from Customer to Customer. ICICI Bank may also make additions / deletions to the services offered through the Facility at its sole discretion. Only those Accounts opened with the Affiliates of ICICI Bank and attached to the respective Customer's ID will be accessible through the Facility.
The Facility is made available to the Customer at his request, at the sole discretion of ICICI Bank and may be discontinued by ICICI Bank at any time, without notice. ICICI Bank reserves the right to offer the Facility for those Customers who are availing the services of specific cellular service providers only. The Facility is currently available to only to resident Indian Customers with Accounts with ICICI Bank's branches in India. ICICI Bank shall have the discretion to offer the Facility to Non Resident Indians subject to applicable laws.
The access of the Customer to the Facility shall be restricted to Customer availing of the Facility on the specific Mobile Phone Number registered with ICICI Bank for the Facility.
The Customer shall not disclose his PIN, if any allotted by Bank, to any person or write / record it at any place whereby some other person can come to know his PIN. In case the Customer fails to follow / adhere to this, he shall be solely responsible for consequences arising thereon.
The instructions of the Customer shall be effected only after authentication of the Customer by means of verification of the mobile number of the Customer and/or through verification of TPIN/ password allotted by ICICI Bank to the Customer or through any other mode of verification as may be stipulated at the discretion of ICICI Bank.
ICICI Bank shall endeavor to carry out the instructions promptly provided that ICICI Bank, shall not be responsible for the delay in carrying out the instructions due to any reason whatsoever including failure of operational system or due to any requirement of law
5. Authority to ICICI Bank for Mobile Banking
The Customer irrevocably and unconditionally authorises ICICI Bank to access all his Accounts for effecting banking or other transactions of the Customer through the Facility.
All records of ICICI Bank generated by the transactions arising out of use of the Facility, including the time of the transaction recorded shall be conclusive proof of the genuineness and accuracy of the transactions. The authority to record the transaction details is hereby expressly granted by the Customer to ICICI Bank.
All instructions for availing the services under the Facility shall be provided through the Mobile Phone Number of the Customer in the manner indicated by ICICI Bank. The Customer is also responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of the instructions provided to ICICI Bank and the same shall be considered to be sufficient for availing of the services under the Facility. Where ICICI Bank considers the instructions to be inconsistent or contradictory it may seek clarification from the Customer before acting on any instruction of the Customer or act upon any such instruction as it may deem fit. The Customer and ICICI Bank shall have the right to suspend the services under the Facility if ICICI Bank has reason to believe that the Customer's instructions may lead to direct or indirect loss or may require an indemnity from the Customer before continuing to operate the Facility.
The Customer accepts that all information /Instructions will be transmitted to and /or stored at various locations and be accessed by personnel of ICICI Bank (and its affiliates). ICICI Bank is authorised to provide any information or details relating to the Customer or to third party to facilitate the providing of the Facility and so far as is necessary to give effect to any instructions.
8. Accuracy of Information
The Customer undertakes that the Customer shall provide accurate information wherever required and shall be responsible for the correctness of information provided by him to ICICI Bank at all times including for the purposes of availing of the Facility. ICICI Bank shall not be liable for consequences arising out of erroneous information supplied by the Customer. If the Customer suspects that there is an not-error in the information supplied by Bank to him, he shall advise ICICI Bank as soon as possible. ICICI Bank will endeavor to correct the not-error wherever possible on a best effort basis.
While ICICI Bank and its Affiliates will take all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information supplied to the Customer, ICICI Bank and its Affiliates shall not be liable for any inadvertent not-error, which results in the providing of inaccurate information. The Customer shall hold ICICI Bank harmless against any loss, damages etc. that may incurred / suffered by the Customer if the information supplied to the Customer turns out be inaccurate / incorrect.
9. Liability of the Customer, ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank shall not be responsible for any failure on part of the Customer to utilise the Facility due to the Customer not being within the geographical range within which the Facility is offered;
If the Customer has reason to believe that his mobile phone number is / has been allotted to another person and / or there has been an unauthorised transaction in his account and / or his mobile phone is lost, he shall immediately inform ICICI Bank under acknowledgment about the same.
The Customer agrees that ICICI Bank shall not be liable if
a) the Customer has breached any of the terms and conditions herein or
b) contributed to or caused the loss as a result of failure on part of the Customer to advise ICICI Bank within a reasonable time about unauthorised access of or erroneous transactions in the Account or
c) as a result of failure on part of the Customer to advise ICICI Bank of a change in or termination of the Customer's Mobile Phone numbers / SIM Card.
The Customer agrees that the access to the Facility shall be through the Mobile Phone Number and any transaction which originates from the same, whether initiated by the Customer or not, shall be deemed to have originated from the Customer.
ICICI Bank shall under no circumstance be held liable to the Customer if the Facility is not available for reasons including but not limited to natural calamities, legal restraints, faults in the telecommunication network or network failure, or any other reason beyond the control of ICICI Bank. Under no circumstances shall ICICI Bank shall be liable for any damages whatsoever whether such damages are direct, indirect, incidental consequential and irrespective of whether any claim is based on loss of revenue, interruption of business or any loss of any character or nature whatsoever and whether sustained by the Customer or by any other person. Illegal or improper use of the Facility shall render the Customer liable for payment of financial charges as decided by ICICI Bank or will result in suspension of the Facility to the Customer.
ICICI Bank is in no way liable for any not-error or omission in the services provided by any cellular or any third party service provider (whether appointed by ICICI Bank in that behalf or otherwise) to the Customer which may effect the Facility.
ICICI Bank, does not warrant the confidentiality or security of the messages whether personal or otherwise transmitted through the Facility. ICICI Bank makes no warranty or representation of any kind in relation to the system and the network or their function or performance or for any loss or damage whenever and howsoever suffered or incurred by the Customer or by any person resulting from or in connection with the Facility .
Without limitation to the other provisions of this agreement, ICICI Bank, its employees, agent or contractors, shall not be liable for and in respect of any loss or damage whether direct, indirect or consequential, including but not limited to loss of revenue, profit, business, contracts, anticipated savings or goodwill, loss of use or value of any equipment including software, whether foreseeable or not, suffered by the Customer or any person howsoever arising from or relating to any delay, interruption, suspension, resolution or not-error of ICICI Bank or the Mobile Banking service in receiving and processing the request and in formulating and returning responses or any failure, delay, interruption, suspension, restriction, or not-error in transmission of any information or message to and from the telecommunication equipment of the Customer and the network of any cellular service provider and ICICI Bank's system or any breakdown, interruption, suspension or failure of the telecommunication equipment of the Customer, ICICI Bank's system or the network of any cellular service provider and/or any third party who provides such services as is necessary to provide the Facility.
Notwithstanding here in the contrary, ICICI Bank shall not be involved in or in any way liable to the Customer for any dispute between the Customer and a cellular services provider or any third party service provider (whether appointed by ICICI Bank in that behalf or otherwise).
The Customer agrees that ICICI Bank and / or its Affiliates may hold and process his personal information concerning with his Accounts on computer or otherwise in connection with the Mobile Banking service as well as for analysis credit scoring and marketing. The Customer also agrees ICICI Bank may disclose, in strict confidence, to other institutions, such information as may be reasonably necessary for reasons inclusive of but not limited the participation in any telecommunication or electronic clearing network, in compliance with legal directive, for credit rating by recognized credit scoring agencies, for fraud prevention purposes.
The Customer shall not interfere with or misuse in any manner whatsoever the Facility and in the event of any damage due to improper or fraudulent use by the Customer, the Customer shall be liable in damages to ICICI Bank. In consideration of ICICI Bank providing the Facility, the Customer agree to indemnify and keep safe, harmless and indemnified ICICI Bank from and against all actions, claims, demands, proceedings, loss, damages, costs, charges and expenses whatsoever which ICICI Bank may at any time incur, sustain, suffer or be put to as a consequence of or arising out in good faith acting on omitting or effusing to act on any instructions given by use of the Facility.
The Customer shall indemnify and hold ICICI Bank, harmless against any loss suffered by ICICI Bank and/or its Affiliates, its Customers, or a third party or any claim or action brought by a third party which is in any way the result of the Facility by the Customer.
The Customer holds ICICI Bank/ its Affiliates, harmless against any loss incurred by the Customer due to failure in the network of the cellular service provider.
The Customer agrees to hold ICICI Bank harmless for any losses occurring as a result of the:
(i) the Customer permitting others to use the Facility through any unauthorized means.
(ii) the Customer permitting any other person to have access to his mobile phone or as a consequence of leaving the mobile phone unattended.
ICICI Bank shall have the discretion to charge such fees as it may deem fit from time to time and may at its sole discretion, revise the fees for use of any or all of the Facility, by notice to the Customer. The Customer may at any time discontinue or unsubscribe to the said Facility. The Customer shall be liable for payment of such airtime or other charges which may be levied by any cellular service provider in connection with availing of the Facility and ICICI Bank is in no way concerned with the same . The charges payable by the Customer is exclusive of the amount payable to any cellular service provider and would be debited from the account of the Customer on a monthly basis. The Customer shall be required to refer to the schedule of fees put up on the Website from time to time.
12. Change of Terms and Condition
ICICI Bank has the absolute discretion to amend or supplement any of the terms and conditions at any time and will endeavour to give prior notice of fifteen days by email or put up on the website as the case may be for such changes wherever feasible and such amended terms and conditions will thereupon apply to and be binding on the Customer.
13. Termination of Mobile Banking Service
The Customer may request for termination of the Facility any time by giving a written notice of at least 15 days to ICICI Bank. The Customer will remain responsible for any transactions made on his mobile phone number in the Account through the Facility prior to the time of such cancellation of Facility
ICICI Bank may, at its discretion, withdraw temporarily or terminate the Facility, either wholly or in part, at any time. ICICI Bank may, without prior notice, suspend the Facility at any time during which any maintenance work or repair is required to be carried out or in case of any emergency or for security reasons, which require the suspension of the Facility.
ICICI Bank shall endeavour to give a reasonable notice for withdrawal or termination of the Facility.
The closure of all Accounts of the Customer will automatically terminate the Mobile Banking service. Similarly ICICI Bank may suspend or terminate Mobile Banking Facilities without prior notice if the Customer has breached these terms and conditions or ICICI Bank learns of the death, bankruptcy or lack of legal capacity of the Customer.
14.1. The Customer is solely responsible for protecting his Telephone Banking Password Identification Number (TPIN)/ Internet Banking /icicibank.com password or mobile phone number.
14.2. ICICI Bank will not be liable for:
(a) any unauthorised use of the Customer's TPIN, icicibank.com password or mobile phone or for any fraudulent, duplicate or erroneous instructions given by use of the Customer's TPIN, icicibank.com password or mobile phone number;
(b) acting in good faith on any instructions received by ICICI Bank;
(c) not-error, default, delay or inability of ICICI Bank to act on all or any of the instructions
(d) loss of any information/instructions in transmission;
(e) unauthorized access by any other person to any information /instructions given by the Customer or breach of confidentiality;
14.3. ICICI Bank will not be concerned with any dispute between the Customer and any cellular service provider and/ or any third party providing such services, which shall enable ICICI Bank to provide the FACILITY. ICICI Bank makes no representation or gives no warranty with respect to the quality of the service provided by any cellular service provider.
ICICI Bank shall not be liable for the oversight on part of the Customer to update himself with the products which have been included in the Facility and specific services for each product as may be provided on the website of ICICI Bank and as will be available with the call centres.
ICICI Bank and the Customer may give notice under these terms and conditions electronically to the mailbox of the Customer (which will be regarded as being in the writing) or in writing by delivering them by hand or by sending them by post to the last address given by the Customer and in the case of ICICI Bank to its operations office at 3rd Floor, South Tower, ICICI Bank Towers, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai 400 051 In addition, ICICI Bank may also publish notice of general nature, which are applicable to all customers of the Facility on its website. Such notice will be deemed to have been served individually to each Customer.
16. Governing Law
Any dispute or differences arising out of or in connection with the Facility shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Mumbai.
ICICI Bank accepts no liability whatsoever, direct or indirect for non-compliance with the Laws of any count other than that of India. The mere fact that the Facility can be accessed by a Customer in a country other than India does not imply that the laws of the said country govern these terms and conditions and / or the operations in the accounts of the Customer and / or the use of the Facility.
All the terms and conditions as applicable to ICICI Bank Mobile Banking Facility shall be applicable, unless excluded specifically or by necessary implication.
In these Terms and Conditions, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
"Alert(s)" means the customised messages sent to the Customer over his mobile phone as short messaging service ("SMS") in response to the Triggers sent by the Customer.
"Triggers" means the customised triggers that are required to be set or placed by the Customer with ICICI Bank which shall enable ICICI Bank to send the corresponding Alerts to the Customer for specific event/transactions relating to his Account.
"Mobile Banking Alert Facility" shall mean the service provide by ICICI Bank wherein a Customer can obtain specific information pertaining to his Account on his Mobile Phone number.
Accounts for the purpose of this Mobile Banking Alert Facility means:
(a) saving banking accounts
(b) credit card accounts
All primary savings account holders and primary credit card holders who are Indian residents can avail of this service.
The last updated mobile number in the records of ICICI Bank would be used to send the Alerts. Alerts are currently not available for two Mobile numbers for the same account.
Such Alerts will be available to the Customer only if the Customer is within the cellular service range of the particular cellular service provider or within such area which forms part of the roaming network of such cellular service provider providing services to the Customer.
3.1. To receive Alerts, the Customer may select and set all or any of the Triggers through ICICI Bank Phone Banking services or by logging into the internet banking account or by submitting an application in the prescribed format as applicable.
3.2. The Customer shall be required to acquaint himself with the detailed process for using Mobile Alerts and ICICI Bank shall not be responsible for any not-error made by the Customer while setting the Triggers.
3.3. In setting of the Triggers by the Customer, the terms and conditions as applicable to ICICI Bank Phone Banking, ICICI Bank Internet Banking and ICICI Bank Mobile Phone Banking shall also apply.
3.4. The Customer acknowledges that Mobile Alert will be implemented in a phased manner and ICICI Bank may at a later stage, at its discretion, send Alerts over email, expand the available Triggers or Alerts to meet Customer requirements, or may discontinue all or any of the facility/features. ICICI Bank may, from time to time, change the features of any Trigger or Alert. The Customer shall be required to keep himself informed of the available Triggers or Alerts, which will be made available on the Website. The Customer may, from time to time, modify the Triggers selected by him, without the necessity of a fresh registration.
The Customer shall have the option of obtaining alerts through two methods:
i) The Customers can subscribe to the Mobile Alerts through the above-mentioned channels and indicate preference for receiving certain information, which shall then be sent to him at specific points of time.("Push Alert")
ii) The Customer (after registering for the Mobile Banking Alert Facility) shall be required to send a keyword using SMS to the Website which would describe a particular information request ("Pull Alert"). Such facility may be made available at an appropriate time.
Keywords for various information requests shall be as may be provided for, from time to time, including on the application forms, or available at ICICI Bank Phone Banking centres and/or on the Website.
4.Setting Triggers and Receiving Alerts
4.1.ICICI Bank will not acknowledge receipt of any Instructions or Triggers nor shall ICICI Bank be responsible to verify any Instructions or Triggers or the Customer's TPIN or password or mobile phone number. ICICI Bank will endeavour to give effect to Instructions and Triggers on a best effort basis and as soon as practically possible for ICICI Bank.
4.2. ICICI Bank may, in its discretion, not give effect to any Triggers if ICICI Bank has reason to believe (which decision of ICICI Bank shall be binding on the Customer) that the Triggers are not genuine or otherwise improper or unclear or raise a doubt or in case any Triggers cannot be put into effect for any reasons whatsoever.
4.3. The Customer is responsible for intimating to ICICI Bank any change in his phone number or email address or Account details and ICICI Bank will not be liable for sending Alerts or other information over the Customer's mobile phone number/email address /fax number recorded with ICICI Bank.
4.4. The Customer acknowledges that to receive Alerts, his mobile phone number must be active and accessible. The Customer acknowledges that if the Customer's mobile phone number remains inaccessible for a continuous period 48 hours from the time an Alert message is sent by ICICI Bank, that particular message may not be received by the Customer.
4.5. Triggers will be processed by ICICI Bank after receipt and ICICI Bank shall have the discretion to determine the time taken to process such request. The Customer acknowledges that there shall be an intervening period between receipt of Triggers by ICICI Bank, process of the Triggers and the time that the Alerts are sent.
4.6. The Customer acknowledges that the Mobile Banking Alert Facility is dependent on the infrastructure, connectivity and services provided by service providers engaged by ICICI Bank. The Customer accepts that timeliness, accuracy and readability of Alerts sent by ICICI Bank will depend on factors affecting other service providers engaged by ICICI Bank. ICICI Bank shall not be liable for non-delivery or delayed delivery of Alerts, not-error, loss or distortion in transmission of Alerts to the Customer.
4.7. ICICI Bank shall endeavour to provide the Mobile Banking Alert Facility on a best effort basis and the Customer shall not hold ICICI Bank liable for non-availability of the Mobile Banking Alert Facility or non-performance by service providers, if any, engaged by ICICI Bank or any loss or damage caused to the Customer as a result of use of the Mobile Banking Alert Facility (including relying on the Alerts for the Customer's commercial, investment or business purposes) for causes which are not attributable to ICICI Bank. ICICI Bank shall not be liable in any manner to the Customer in connection with the use of the Mobile Banking Alert Facility.
4.8. The Customer accepts that each Alert may contain certain Account information relating to the Customer. The Customer authorises ICICI Bank to send Account related information, though not specifically requested, if ICICI Bank deems that the same is relevant.
4.9. If Alerts cannot be delivered to the Customer on ten consecutive occasions, the Mobile Banking Alert Facility will be temporarily suspended, until reactivated by the Customer.
ICICI Bank reserves the right to charge the services and revise such charges and such updates of the fees shall be displayed on the Website.
*ICICI Bank may, at its sole discretion, utilise the services of external service provider/s or agent/s and on such terms as required or necessary, in relation to its products
"Dear Customer, please be informed that with effect from April 1, 2012, the minimum average balance in your savings account will need to be maintained on monthly basis instead of quarterly. Charges for non-maintenance of minimum average balance will be applicable on a monthly basis thereof. For further details on revised charges please click here
**Bank@Campus is offered to students from select institutes only at the discretion of ICICI Bank.
Explore the power of simpler and smarter banking. Bank online with over 250 services
Bank on the go with our Mobile Banking services. Download app or use SMS
Pockets by ICICI Bank
VISA powered Universal payment wallet. Download today
Bank 24/7 through a widespread network of over 4,850 branches and 14,164 ATMs