What is One Time Password (OTP) ?
One Time Password (OTP) has been introduced as an additional security feature by ‘ICICI Bank i-safe’ to protect your account from online fraud. OTP is a six digit code sent to resident customers on mobile and NRI customers on e-mail ID registered with ICICI Bank. OTP will be sent to you only when the system suspects unusual activity or change in your Internet Banking Access pattern and you will be asked to enter the OTP when you log in next.
OTP is confidential and should not be shared with anyone, even if the person claims to be an ICICI Bank official.
Please ensure that your mobile number and your email ID is updated with us to be able to transact online.
I am a Resident customer. What should I do if I do not receive OTP on my mobile number registered with ICICI Bank ?
If you hold a resident account, please check if the mobile number registered in your account is correct.
To update mobile number, resident customers can visit any ICICI Bank branch with photo identity proof.
If the mobile number is updated, resident customers have an option to send a request to receive OTP on mobile number. SMS IBOTP to 5676766 or 9837142424.
In case you have registered for 'i-safe' mobile application, you are required to generate OTP on your mobile handset. Click here to know more.
How do I know which OTP should be entered if I receive multiple OTPs ?
If we observe a change in your Internet Banking access parameters, you will be asked to enter OTP to access your Internet Banking account. Every such login will generate a new OTP. You will have to enter this new OTP to access your Internet Banking account.
How do I access my Internet Banking account if I do not receive OTP ?
OTP is an additional security measure adopted by ICICI Bank to protect your account from online fraud. You are required to authenticate your login by entering OTP when we observe a change in your Internet Banking access parameters.
You can register for 'i-safe' mobile application and generate OTP instantly on your mobile handset. Click here.to know more
I am being asked to enter OTP every time I login to Internet Banking. Why?
Flash Player needs to be enabled on your computer to ensure that OTP authentication is asked only when the bank observes a change in your Internet Banking access parameters.
If Flash Player is not enabled, OTP will be asked before every login.
How do I enable Flash Player ?
If you are using Firefox, Flash Player is installed as a Firefox plug-in. To make sure the Flash Player plug-in is enabled, follow the below process:
- In Firefox menu, select Tools > Add-ons
- Select Plugins in the Add-ons dialog box
- Select Shockwave Flash in the list of plugins
- If you see the Disable button, then the Flash Player plug-in is enabled. Close the dialog box
- If you see the Enable button, then the Flash Player plug-in is disabled. Select the Enable button and close the dialog box
If you are using Internet Explorer, Flash Player is installed as an Internet Explorer add-on. To make sure the Flash Player add-on is enabled, follow the below process:
- In Internet Explorer menu, select Tools > Manage Add-ons
- Select Shockwave Flash Object in the list of add-ons (If you do not see Shockwave Flash Object in the list, then Flash Player is not installed for Internet Explorer)
- If the status is Enabled, then the Flash Player add-on is enabled. Close the dialog box
- If the status is Disabled, select the Enable. Close the dialog box