Registering for e–Transfer
- Login with your Money2India user id. New users need to register one-time for the Money2India service.
- You can add your e-Transfer ACH account by any of the following three ways:
- Select 'Add your Bank Accounts' under the "Quick Links"
- Select “My Accounts” tab on the Home Page under the menu bar and select 'Add My Bank Account' link
- Select "e-Transfer" under 'Transfer Money'. It will take you to the e-Transfer (ACH) transaction page and Click on the link 'Add New Account' to add the bank account (ACH) details of your local bank in USA.
- Select your transfer mode as e-Transfer. You will be required to provide the following details:
- Your Social Security Number
- Bank Name
- Account number
- Account type ( checking or consumer saving account) and
- Your 9 digit Bank ABA Routing Number
- On submitting the details, you would now be registered for e-Transfer (ACH) facility. As a security measure, we need to validate your account details for which, you would have to complete the Account Validation Process.
How to Transfer
- We would be initiating 3 small value transactions of amounts below $ 1 each to your local (ACH) bank account in USA. There would be 2 deposits (credit) and 1 withdrawal (debit) from the bank account. For example, Deposit 1 of $ 0.XX, Deposit 2 of $ 0.YY and Withdrawal 1 of $ 0.ZZ.
- Please note: The Withdrawal amount would be equal to the sum of the Deposit amounts. Hence your account balance would not be affected by these transactions.
- The transactions would appear in your local (ACH) bank account statement. For example it might be shown as:
Deposit 1 : MONEY2INDIA PYMT TRANSFER $ 0.XX
Deposit 2 : MONEY2INDIA PYMT TRANSFER $ 0.YY
Withdrawal 1 : MONEY2INDIA SUB TRANSFER - $ 0.ZZ
- You can view the transaction details in your bank account on the second or third working day from the date of registration for e-Transfer (ACH). For example if you register for e-Transfer (ACH) on Monday, the transactions would appear in your local (ACH) bank account on either Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Please note: There is a possibility that your local (ACH) bank in USA might club the two Deposit transactions and show only a single deposit in your bank account. In such a case, please contact your bank for the correct details of the Deposits and Withdrawals.
- We would send you an email after 2 working days (On Wednesday for the above example) requesting you to confirm the amount of the small value transactions on the Money2India website. The instructions for confirming the values are explained in detail in the email.
- Login with your Money2India User Id and select “My Accounts” tab on your Home page. On the following page in the overview section, you will see the 1st tab as “e-Transfer (ACH) Accounts” under 'My Bank Accounts in United States of America'. The account added by you will be shown here with the account status as “Validate Your Account”. Click on this 'Validate your account' link under Account Status.
- You would get a screen for e-Transfer (ACH) Account Validation, wherein you would have to enter details of the 2 Deposits (credits) only as appearing in your local (ACH) bank account. For example, you would have to enter 0.XX and 0.YY against the Deposit 1 and 2 fields. Please note that you can enter the Deposit values in any sequence.
- Please note: As a security measure we allow a maximum of 2 attempts to enter Account Validation details. If you enter the details incorrectly twice, your e-Transfer (ACH) account would be disabled on Money2India. In case your e-Transfer (ACH) account gets disabled, please Email Us to re-activate your e-Transfer (ACH) account on Money2India.
- On correct entry of the Deposit amounts, the status of your e-Transfer account, will change to “Account Enabled” and you can start using your for e-Transfer (ACH) account to directly send money to your beneficiary in India using e-Transfer (ACH) facility on Money2India .
Transaction (Remittance) Process
In Enter Details step
- Login with your Money2India User ID and select "Transfer Money" tab against "e-Transfer" transfer mode on your Home page or click on Transfer Money option on the top menu bar and select 'e-Transfer' as your transfer mode.
- Select your e-Transfer enabled bank account (in case of multiple for e-Transfer (ACH) registered accounts) from where the remittance will be funded by you.
- Select the Receiver from your list to whom you wish to transfer the money.
- To avail Fixed Rupee transfer facility:
Specify transaction amount in INR for fixed Rupee rate, you will be provided a confirmed exchange rate at the time of transaction initiation, on selecting the Fixed Rupee Transfer option.
- Select your purpose of Remittance from the given options.
- Select the date on which you wish to initiate your transfer. You can either select 'Now' which means the request initiation date is current date and amount will be disbursed to your Receiver in 5 working days, or you can select the 'Schedule for later' option if you wish to initiate the transfer on a future date or set-up recurring transactions.
- Once you have provided all the accurate details click on the Next button to proceed.
In Confirm Transaction step,
- Verify all the details provided by you. If the details are accurate, then click on the Confirm button. In case you need to make any changes in the information, click on the Back button. You will be taken back to the previous step. Once there, make the necessary changes and then verify the details once again and click on the Confirm button.
- Once you click on the Confirm button you will be provided with your unique Tracking number which you can use to track your transaction online. Your e-Transfer transaction is complete now.
- You can track the status of this transaction by visiting the “Track Transfer” option .
- You can “Cancel” your e-Transfer transaction within 30 minutes from request raised time and till your transaction is in “Request received” status. Once the status of your transaction changes to “Transaction in Process”, you will not be able to cancel this transaction. Recurring/ scheduled transfers, can be viewed under the Scheduled Transfer and Recurring Transfer tab .
- You can make a request for a recurring or a non-recurring money transfer service. A non-recurring request would be a one-time request. If you want to send money on a regular basis (e.g. every month) you can make a recurring money transfer request.
- On submitting the details, a unique tracking number is provided to you for easy tracking of your request online. Your money transfer request details are stored on the Money2India system against this tracking number.
- The money transfer process is as explained below:
- The money would be transferred from your bank account in USA within 0 - 2 working days of your making the request. Banks in USA, send any unpaid money transfer requests information between 2 - 4 working days
- If the beneficiary has an account with ICICI Bank, the money is directly transferred to the account on the 5th working day. For electronic credits to non-ICICI Bank accounts or credits to a VISA Card account* or DD's, the money is sent for electronic clearing or DD is issued and dispatched in 1 additional working day after we receive the money within 5 working days
- You can track the status of your remittance using the Track Transfer in home page. An e-mail would also be sent to you confirming the status of your remittance
Please Note: The above mentioned timeline excludes banking holidays and weekends in USA and India. Please click here to view the list of banking holidays in India.
*Visa Money Transfer cannot be used to transfer money to NRE Account linked VISA cards.