Bank Wire Transfer/SWIFT
What is Wire Transfer/SWIFT?
- Wire Transfer is one of the easiest offline modes of sending money to your friends and family in India.
- ICICI Bank has a vast network of correspondent banks through which money can be credited to any bank account in India.
- No matter where you are in the world, just issue Wire Transfer instructions to your local bank any money can be credited to any ICICI or Non-ICICI Bank in India within 1-2 days.
- Super convenient offline mode – all you need to do is issue International Wire Transfer instructions to your local bank.
- Quick – Amount transferred to beneficiary account within 24 hours of ICICI receiving funds in its account held with the correspondent bank.
- Your local bank may charge you for the wire transfer.
- ICICI Bank does not charge anything for Wire Transfers except for Service Tax on Foreign Currency Conversion.
- Service tax will be levied on the converted gross INR amount in accordance with the Service Tax (Amendment) Rules, 2012 of the Government of India w.e.f. 1st April 2012. Please click here to know the slab wise service tax structure.
- Charges for demand draft - 0.2% (making charges) + INR 35 (courier charges). The amount charged is sum of the making charges and courier charges or INR 85—whichever is higher.
- Initiate wire transfer from your local bank through their online / offline facility mentioning our correspondent bank details.
- Ensure that your local bank mentions your account number, name address and purpose of remittance in the payment message to avoid any delay in processing your transaction.
- Swift / BIC Code for ICICI Bank for retail remittances is: ICICINBBNRI.
For a sample wire transfer form please select currency below:
For smooth and timely processing of the transaction:
Please ensure that your Name, overseas bank account number, email ID, overseas address / contact number and Purpose of Remittance is mentioned in the wire transfer message sent by your local bank. Kindly mention Charges as "OUR" in the wire (swift) remittance form.
Please note that the SWIFT code / BIC of the intermediary bank mentioned above is currency specific and is common for all branches
- Do not mention account number for opening a fixed deposit.
- For timely credits to your account you must provide the purpose of remittance.
- While remitting funds for FCNR deposit, do not mention your NRE/NRO savings account number to avoid the funds getting converted to INR. Refer to the next section on 'Beneficiary details' for creating a Fixed Deposit.
- RFC deposits can be opened in USD , GBP , EUR and JPY currencies only.
- FCNR deposits can be opened in USD , GBP , EUR , JPY , AUD , CAD , SGD , CHF and HKD currencies only.
- Minimum amount for opening RFC/FCNR a/c: USD1000, GBP 1000, Euro 1000, JPY 200,000, AUD 2000, CAD 2000, SGD 2000 , CHF 1000 and HKD 10000
- FCNR Deposits without tenure mentioned in SWIFT would be made by default for 1 year 1 day.
- The SWIFT code / BIC of the correspondent bank is currency specific and is common for transfers to account with any ICICI Bank branch in India.
ICICI Bank has a comprehensive network of Correspondent Banks. You can remit funds from your local bank to any of our Correspondent Banks mentioned below.
|Currency of remittance||Name of Correspondent Bank||Account Number||Swift code / BIC||Bank Clearing Code|
|USD||BANK OF AMERICA, NEWYORK||6550891846||BOFAUS3NXXX||FED ABA 026009593|
|USD||JP MORGAN CHASE, NEW YORK||400808595 USD||CHASUS33XXX||FED ABA 021000021|
|GBP||HSBC BANK PLC, LONDON||37063729||MIDLGB22||IBAN No.GB89MIDL40051537063729|
|EUR||JP MORGAN CHASE, FRANKFURT||6231605988||CHASDEFXXXX||IBAN No. DE91501108006231605988
BLZ 5011 0800
|CAD||ROYAL BANK OF CANADA TORONTO||09591-102-247-4||ROYCCAT2XXX||IBAN No. cc000309591|
|AED||EMIRATES BANK INTERNATIONAL||0004-809148-787||EBILAEADXXX|
|AUD||NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK, MELBOURNE||1803038768500||NATAAU33A033|
|AUD||JP MORGAN CHASE SYDNEY||10039355||CHASAU2XXXX||BSB NO 212200|
|AUD||AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND BANKING GROUP LIMITED||103705/00001CURRENT A/C NO.1||ANZBAU3M||BSB No. 013024|
|AUD||COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA SYDNEY||100118201AUD112601||CTBAAU2S|
|CHF||CREDIT SUISSE ZURICH||0835094601863000||CRESCHZZ80A||IBAN No.CH23 0483 5094 6018 6300 0|
|DKK||DEN DANSKE BANK COPENHAGEN||3996056694||DABADKKKXXX||IBAN No. DK0630003996056694|
|HKD||HSBC HONG KONG||511 639197-001||HSBCHKHHHKH|
|JPY||SUMITOMO MITSUI BANKING CORPORATION, TOKYO||4308||SMBCJPJT|
|NOK||DnB NOR Bank ASA||7002 02 04271||DNBANOKKXXX||IBAN No. NO4070020204271|
|NZD||ANZ National Bank limited||103705NZD00001||ANZBNZ22|
|SEK||NORDEA BANK SWEDEN AB, STOCKHOLM SE||3952 79 10226||NDEASESSXXX||IBAN No. SE163000000003952 7910226|
|SGD||DBS BANK LTD, SINGAPORE||037-003409-6||DBSSSGSG|
|SAR||SAUDI HOLLANDI BANK, RIYADH||031002177003||AAALSARI||SA15 5000 0000 0310 0217 7003|
|ZAR||STANDARD BANK OF SOUTH AFRICA LIMITED||7222151||SBZAZAJJ|
|QAR||COMMERCIAL BANK OF QATAR||4010-004124-003||CBQAQAQAXXX|