E-mail us your query/request/suggestion.
Locate our branches and ATMs using our map based interface.
Write to us with your feedback.
Track the status of your deliveries.
Ms. Chanda Kochhar, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer
Ms. Chanda Kochhar
Managing Director and Chief Executive
Officer, ICICI Bank Limited
Ms. Chanda Kochhar is the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of ICICI Bank Limited, India's second-largest bank and the largest in the private sector. She is widely recognised for her role in shaping the retail banking sector in India and for her leadership of the ICICI Group, as well as her contributions to various forums in India and globally.
Ms. Kochhar began her career, with erstwhile ICICI Limited in 1984 and was elevated to the Board of Directors of ICICI Bank in 2001. She was instrumental in establishing ICICI Bank during the 1990s, and subsequently headed the infrastructure finance and corporate banking business in ICICI Limited. In 2000, she took on the challenge of building the nascent retail business, with strong focus on technology, innovation, process reengineering and expansion of distribution and scale. The Bank achieved a leadership position in this business. During 2006-2007, she successfully led the Bank's corporate and international banking businesses during a period of heightened activity and global expansion by Indian companies. From 2007 to 2009, she was the Joint Managing Director & Chief Financial Officer during a critical period of rapid change in the global financial landscape. She was elevated as Managing Director & CEO of ICICI Bank in 2009 and is responsible for the Bank's diverse operations in India and overseas. She also chairs the boards of the Bank's principal subsidiaries, which include India's leading private sector life and general insurance companies.
In addition to her responsibilities at the ICICI Group, Ms. Kochhar is a member of the Prime Minister's Council on Trade & Industry, the Board of Trade, High-Level Committee on Financing Infrastructure, US-India CEO Forum and UK-India CEO Forum. She is a member of the boards of the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, National Institute of Securities Markets, Institute of International Finance and International Monetary Conference. She was co-chair of the World Economic Forum's Annual Meeting in 2011.
She was conferred with the Padma Bhushan, one of India's highest civilian honours, in 2011.
Awards and Recognition
- Named among Fortune's 50 most powerful women in business for the fourth consecutive year.
- Received the 'Mumbai Women Of The Decade' award by ASSOCHAM.
- Awarded as the Best CEO - Private Sector category at the Forbes India Leadership Awards 2013.
- Ranked as the most powerful woman in business in India for the third consecutive year in Fortune's list of '50 Most Powerful Women In Business: The Global 50'. She is also among the four most powerful women in business in the world, according to the list.
- Conferred the "AIMA JRD Tata Corporate Leadership Award" 2012.
- Recipient of the 4th Asian Corporate Director Recognition Awards 2013.
- Ranked as the most powerful business woman in India in the Forbes list of 'The World's 100 Most Powerful Women 2013'.
- Received the 'Transformation Leader Award' by NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards 2012.
- Featured for the third year in a row in the Power List 2013 of 25 most powerful women in India, by India Today.
- Is the only Indian to be featured in the Dow Jones list of Most Influential Female Executives in the World of the last decade. She is ranked 12th in the global list.
- Awarded the Businessperson Of The Year 2012 by Business India. She is the first woman recipient of this award in 31 years.
- Topped the list of "50 Most Powerful Women in Business" by Fortune India.
- Ranked 18th in Fortune's list of '2012 Businesspersons of the Year'. This is Fortune's annual ranking of 50 global leaders who are "the best in business".
- Ranked fifth, for the second consecutive year, in Fortune's international list of "50 Most Powerful Women in Business."
- Ranked 59th in the World's 100 Most Powerful Women by Forbes.
- Named amongst the nine Indian women in the Forbes' inaugural "Asia Power Businesswomen" list.
- Ranked fifth in the list of the "Most Powerful CEOs" in India by The Economic Times and first in the list of "Top Women CEOs" in the country.
- Conferred with CNBC Asia's India Business Leader of the year award and CSR award.
- Named the "Business Person of the Year" by Business India
- Named amongst the "25 most powerful professional women" in the country by India Today for the second year.
- Ranked fifth by Fortune in the International list of "50 Most Powerful Women in Business".
- Ranked 17th among the "25 Most Powerful CEOs" in Asia by Fortune.
- Ranked 43rd "Most Powerful Woman" in the world by Forbes.
- Named among the "50 most influential people in global finance" by Bloomberg Markets magazine.
- Named among the "two best Indian CEOs "in an annual poll by Finance Asia.
- Ranked 10th by Financial Times in the "Top 50 Women in World Business".
- Received the "Global Leadership Award" from the US-India Business Council.
- Named "Most Powerful Woman in Indian Business" by Fortune India.
- The first woman to be named as the "Business Leader of the Year" by The Economic Times.
- Featured in the "Hall Of Fame - Most Powerful Women in Indian Business" by Business Today.
- Conferred with the "Transformational Business Leader of the Year", award by All India Management Association.
- Ranked 10th in the list of "Most Powerful Women in Business" by Fortune.
- Ranked 92nd in the list of "Most Powerful Women" in the world by Forbes.
- Conferred with the "Outstanding Woman Business Leader of the Year" award by CNBC TV18.
- Conferred with the "Banker of the Year Award" by Financial Express.
- Featured in the list of "30 Most Powerful Women Leaders" in Business Today for eight consecutive years from 2002 to 2010.
Explore the power of simpler and smarter banking. Bank online with over 250 services
Bank on the go with our Mobile Banking services. Download app or use SMS
Pockets by ICICI Bank
With Pockets from ICICI Bank, access your bank from facebook. The new way to bank
Bank 24/7 through a widespread network of over 3,000 branches and 11,000 ATMs