|FAQ on ATMs|
1. What is an Automated Teller Machine (ATM)?
Automated Teller Machine is a computerised machine that provides the customers of banks the facility of accessing their accounts for dispensing cash and to carry out other financial transactions without the need of actually visiting a bank branch.
2. What type of cards can be used at an ATM?
The ATM cards/debit cards, credit cards and prepaid cards(that permit cashwhdrawal) can be used at ATMs for various transactions.
3. What are the services/facilities available at ATMs?
In addition to cash dispensing ATMs may have many services/facilities such as:
4. How can one transact at an ATM?
For transacting at an ATM, the customer insert (swipe) their card in the ATM and enter their Personal Identification Number (PIN).
5. Can these cards be used at any bank ATM in the country?
Yes. The cards issued by banks in India should be enabled for use at any bank ATM within India.
6. What is a Personal Identification Number (PIN)?
PIN is the numeric password for use at the ATM. The PIN is separately mailed/handed over to the customer by the bank while issuing the card. This PIN has to be reset to a new PIN by the customer. Most banks force the customers to change the PIN on the first use.
The PIN number should not be written the card, card holder etc as in such cases the card can be misused if card is lost/stolen.
7. What should one do if he forgets PIN or the card is sucked in by the ATM?
The customer may contact the card issuing bank branch and apply for retrieval/issuance of a new card. This procedure is applicable even if the card is sucked in at another bank's ATM.
8. What should be done if the card is lost/stolen?
The customer may contact the card issuing bank immediately on noticing the loss so as to enable the bank to block such cards.
9. Is there any minimum and maximum cash withdrawal limit per day?
Yes, banks set limit for cash withdrawal by customers. The cash withdrawal limit for use at the ATM of the issuing bank is set by the bank during the issuance of the card. This limit is displayed at the respective ATM locations.
For cash withdrawals at other bank ATMs, banks have decided to maintain a limit of Rs 10,000/- per transaction. This information is displayed at the ATM location
10. Do banks levy any service charge for use of other bank ATMs?
As per the RBI circular dated July 17, 2009 and May 27, 2011, five free transactions are permitted per month (inclusive of financial and/or non-financial) at other bank ATMs for Savings Bank Account holders.
11. What should be done in case during the cash withdrawal process, cash is not disbursed by the account gets debited for the amount?
The customer may lodge a complaint with the card issuing bank. This process is applicable even if the transaction was carried out at another banks ATM.
12. How many days maximum would the bank require to re-credit the account for such wrong debits?
As per the RBI instruction, the issuing bank may re-credit such wrongly debited amounts within a maximum period of 7 working days from the receipt of the customer compliant.
13. Are customers eligible for compensation for delay beyond 7 working days ?
Yes, effective July 1, 2011, banks shall pay customers a sum of Rs. 100 per day for delays beyond 7 working days (if the complaint is lodged with the issuing bank within 30 days). This compensation shall be credited to the customer's account without any claim being made by the customer.
14. In case the compensation is not credited as mandated, what recourse does the customer have?
For all such complaints customer may lodge a complaint with the local Banking Ombudsman if the bank does not respond.
|I PRU FAQ|
1. Will I be charged extra for doing payment through ATM?
2. Can i make the payment for policies not owned by me?
No, only for self policy4.
3. How will i get my premium paid receipt?
ICICI Prudential will process the receipt.
4. If i have any query on which number shall i contact?
Customer have to contact to respective ICICI Prudential office.
1. Can i opt for multicity/ local cheque book through ATM?
Yes, Customer have a choice of selecting local/ multicity cheque however no frill,student ,semi urban and rural account holders will get a local cheque book.
2. How will the cheque book reach me?
Cheque book will be processed and will be delivered to your address registered with bank.
1. Can i do mobile topup to my post paid mobile?
No, option is only for prepaid mobile .
2. Can i do mobile topup to any mobile?
Yes, if the service provider is registered with Euronet.
3. Can i do mobile topup for any amount?
Mobile topup can be done for any amount as restricted by the service provider.
4. Will i be charged any additional charges for using this service?
|Ultra Fast Cash|
1. If i have two or more linked account on my card can i withdraw through this option?
Yes, you can withdraw by default your primary account will get debit.
2. Will i get print slip for using ultra fast cash?
3. If i have to choose linked account or different amount what should i do?
Instead of Ultra fast cash you can select cash withdrawal option.
|Instant Fund Transfer|
1. Can i transfer fund to any account?
Yes, you can transfer fund to any domestic account within ICICI Bank .
2. Do i need to register through internet?
No, you need to punchin 12 digit account number.
3. What if i enter wrong account number?
You need to ensure accuracy of the account number and amount, ICICI Bank will not be responsible for wrong credit
4. Will it be credited instaneously?
5. How much Amount can i transfer through this option?
In a day you can transfer amount upto Rs. 1lac.
1. Which customers are eligible for requesting for a FD through an ICICI Bank ATM ?
The facility is available to all resident Indian individuals only, who are customers of any of the ICICI Bank Resident Savings or Salary Account having a debit card and PIN.
Current accounts linked to a debit card shall not be applicable for the facility.
2. What tenures of FD can be requested from an ICICI Bank ATM?
FD tenures as below can be requested for creation from an ICICI Bank ATM :
3. What is the minimum and maximum FD amount that can be requested from the ATM?
4. What type of FD and maturity instruction is available for FDs requested from the ATM channel?
FDs that shall be created basis request from ATMs shall be :
5. Are joint accounts eligible for the placing a request for FDs through the ATM channel?
Customers with joint savings account with mode of operation “ Either or Survivor” can request for FD creation through ATM channel.
6. Which Savings Account will be debited in case of multiple savings accounts being linked to a debit card ?
The primary savings account shall be debited with the amount of FD that the customer wants to create.
7. What will be the mode of operation and cust id of such Fds being made from requests from ATM?
The FD so made, shall be under the same cust id and same mode of operation as in the ICICI Bank Savings Bank Account from where the debit for the FD shall be done.
8. Will a Memorandum of Deposit be sent on opening of the FD?
Yes, on successful opening of the FD , a Memorandum of Deposit( MOD) shall be sent to the registered communication address as per bank records.
For a FDR, customer shall have to visit the nearest ICICI Bank branch
9. Within how many days of giving FD creation request from an ATM , will the FD be made?
FD creation request will be processed with in 3 working days from the date of request.
10. Will premature withdrawal be allowed for FDs being created from request from ATM?
Yes, premature withdrawal shall be allowed as per existing terms and conditions, subject to premature penalty as applicable.
11. What are the reasons because of which request for FD given from ICICI Bank ATM can be rejected ?
Request for FD creation can be rejected because of :
12. How will nomination details of the customer be captured?
For FDs created from request from the ICICI Bank ATM, Nomination details of the savings account shall be replicated for the FD too.
For any further change required in nomination, customer may visit the branch to effect the change.
13. What are exclusions for the facility for requesting FDs from ICICI Bank ATM?
Following category of FDs, will not come under the preview of the facility of booking FDs from ATMs:
|Fund Transfer - Registered|
1. Who can use this function?
Customer who have registered the payee through Internet can use this function
2. Can this option to be used for fund transfer within icici bank and other bank?
Yes this option can be used for transferring fund to registered payee account with in icici bank and other bank.
3. When will the fund get credited in beneficiary account?
4.Will be there any additional charges for using this service through ATM?
No, there will be no additional charges.
1. How do I update my mobile number from the ATM?
Customer to authenticate via Debit card and PIN and select.
2. Is this facility available for all customers?
No, this facility is available for only resident Savings account holders
3. Can customer use this facility to change mobile number also?
Yes, the customer can do first time registration as well as change / update his mobile number
4. Will the customer be intimated once the updation is done?
Yes, the customer will be intimated by SMS on the old and new mobile number once the same is updated in Icore
5. Can the customer update his land line number?
No. Customer can only update his mobile number
6. Can a joint account holder update his mobile number?
Yes, account where the mode of operation is single and E or S (either or survivor) can avail the facility.
7. Will the customer be intimated once the updation is done?
Yes, the customer will be intimated by SMS on the old and new mobile number once the same is updated in Icore
1. How do I make my Credit Card payments on ATM?
You can make your payments at any ICICI ATMs on the path below:
2. How do I make my Loan re- payments on ATM?
You can pay towards your EMIs at any ICICI ATMs on the path below:
3. Can all customers make a payment towards their Credit Card?
No, all customers having only an ICICI debit/ATM cards can make a payment towards their ICICI Credit cards.
4. Can all customers make a payment towards their Loans?
Only customers having EMI outstanding can pay through ATM.
5. Can I make a prepayment/foreclosure through ATM?
No.this feature is not available on ATM. Pls visit nearest ICICI bank branch or contact customer care.
6. How do I distinguish between HFC and HL Loans while selecting product?
If your Lan number has 2nd letter as "B", select option as Home Loans. While if your Lan number has the 2nd letter as "H" ,select option HFC.
7. Will instant credit happen in my Credit card account on making payments through the ATM?
Yes, after successful transaction instant payment would reflect in your Credit card bill.
8. Will instant credit happen in my Loan account on making payments through the ATM?
No, after successful transaction Loan payments would reflect in your statement in a maximum of 3 working days.